George-Allsorts
George-Allsorts, Senior Appliance Technicial Manager
Experience:  A whitegoods technician with 30+ years service in Domestic Appliance Service & Repair, and General Mechanical & Electrical Repair
19471162

My Becko washing machine underneath at the front left hand

Customer Question

Hi. My Becko washing machine underneath at the front left hand side of the machine and it leaks toward the end of the cycle. how can I fix this? Please
Expert:  George-Allsorts replied 6 months ago.

Hello Sloane, my name is George,

Can you tell me the model and factory code from the label on the door opening.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Hi George-
Model: WMI 61241
Product Code:(###) ###-####Serial No: 12-601582-10

Thank you for that Sloane.. Please bare with me whilst I have a look at the diagrams for the appliance

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
No worries.

Can you tell me; does this happen whilst the appliance is in its spin mode or at another time?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I can't say for sure but I do believe I notice it towards the end of the cycle

Can you check the seal inside the door.. Check it for holes or rips

Slide some paper under the appliance so as to detect the exact area of the leak

There are many areas that can leak.. identifying the area will be a chore, but I will bare with you whilst you find the source of the leak.. however, I must go out on call now and will be out for some time. I may therefore not be able to answer you immediately, but will be back later.. so leave me a message and I'll respond on my return.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
The leak is just under the left side of the machine. I can see it dripping. I too have to go out for a meeting. When shall we chat today?

Ok, I will come back to you later today

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Hi GEORGE- ANY THOUGHTS ON WHAT COULD BE THE REASON FOR THE LEAK?

Check the seal inside the door.. Check it for pin holes or rips

Check the ridge behind the bottom of the front panel to see if it is wet in the channel

There is mainly 3 places the water could be coming from if it is arriving in that area, and they are as follows:

1. The Detergent to drum hose (friction holes)
  2. The pump (Seal worn)
  3. Door seal (Hole and rips)
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Hi George-I can't seem to ready any responses from you accept from this morning. I am going to have a look under the machine and let you know what I see. Give me 10 minutes.

Hello Sloan, I can see the fact that there has been a response, but other than your response to me at 9:37 I do not have any text

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
OK I will check under the machine and let you know what I find.

Ok Sloane.. If you are checking from under the appliance, ensure that you turn off the power first.

Also, look for water stains.. This is a good indicator to find leaks.

regards

George

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Hi George- I did notice during rinsing cycle there was water coming from the soap tray. I don't use the soap try at all but once the cycle was completed I pulled out the soap tray to find do issues. I also noticed during the spinning cycle there was water coming from underneath the left hand side near the front. Any thoughts on how I can fix this? Thanks- Sloane

Hello Sloan,

When the water was overflowing the soap tray, what was the level of water in the drum?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Hi George- it was low

Hi Sloan, to start there are three things to check for that issue (I have listed them in the order of most common)..

1. Check the 'Soap Dispenser to Drum' hose that it mounted underneath the soap dispenser for blockages..
  2. Check that the appliance is not tilting forward
  3. Check that the water pressure is not too high
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
ok. will do and i'll get back to you. thank you

Ok Sloan.. I'll await your feedback

Have you got any further with this Sloan?

.

I would appreciate it if you could take the time to rate my assistance so far using the stars provided at the top of the page, as it is the only way I get credited for responding to you.