Dales-Electronic
Dales-Electronic, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I am a Home Appliance / Refrigeration Technician of 25yrs+ with my own business and for multi-brand national companies.
26760916

There. i have a hoover frost free fridge freezer model

hi there. i have a hoover frost free fridge freezer model hca36ftalu. fridge freezing up
Expert:  Dales-Electronic replied 1 year ago.
OK could you give me the model number and product code please.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

hi there. i only have the model at the moment. hca36ftalu

hi there. i have a hoover frost free fridge freezer model hca36ftalu. the freezer seems ok but the fridge is freezing over and the food is freezing in the fridge. there is a lot of ice on the back of the fridge inside. the fan is working ok in the freezer compartment. this machine was not used for 5 months and after being put on this fault has been the same for 3 weeks now.

OK just checking some things out - how old is it do you think as this range started in 1980. Secondly if you go to the back and touch the motor is it hot or just warm to the hand?
OK have you the results from checking the heat of the motor?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

this machine is possibly 5 years old. it is in very good condition and in silver with a water dispensor. it was turned off for 5 months and now seems to make the fridge too cold. the compressor seems ok and there is nothing at all wrong with the freezer section. there is no build up of ice in the freezer section and the fan is running smooth. the ice at the back of the fridge is about 5mm thick and all the way up to the top.

OK can you confirm that the seals on the fridge door are air tight? If so then the next stage is to carry out some quite extensive repairs which will mean removing an amout of insulation at the back of the appliance and replacing some of the sensors fitted to this model. Its not a job for the faint hearted but I am happy to send you instructions if you wish to have a go.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

is it possible that the pcb is faulty and not the sensors. also are you talking about just 1 sensor. many thanks.

Its six of one and half a dozen of the other David - the appliance has had a number of modidications during its life including a new pcb. If I can get hold of the manual might take me an hour or so I may be able to get hold of the sensor readings at a given temperature and we could check before carving the item up in the meantime if you send your email to the following email adress I can send you the modification instructions and you can have a look see if you want to go further. --***@******.***
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

our email is***@******.***

Your modifications instructions have been sent - would you now kindly rate the information provided by selecting from the star rating system at the top of the page, once done you can come back at any time for further information.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

thanks for your help. there is no rating available here

Sorry forgot to hit the button - you should be OK now. Have fun with the Bosch washing machine I see my friend George is helping you.
Experience: I am a Home Appliance / Refrigeration Technician of 25yrs+ with my own business and for multi-brand national companies.