Daniel T.
Daniel T., Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

I have a Fagor 214 oven installed in a fitted kitchen

Hello, I have a Fagor 214 oven installed in a fitted kitchen around 1993 and am replacing it with a new oven. I have been asked about the amperage as the new oven is 16 amps apparently and I cannot answer the question about the Fagor as I cannot find any of the old literature or specifications. I would be grateful for any information or advice. Thankyou, John
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 10 months ago.
Hi If you open the door and look around the outer cavity of the oven do you see a sticker on there with any details on it?If so can you see a wattage on there? Also do you know if this oven is on a plug top or wired into a wall switch? Regards
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Hello Daniel, impossible to read info on sticker as very worn and faded. The oven and hob are connected to a double plug socket fixed to the inside partition of the adjacent cupboard casing.Both plugs are 13 amp ,one for the oven and one for the push button ignition for the gas hob, John
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Ok if the oven is on a 13 amp plug top then its less then the 13 amp limit. As to be honest most single ovens are able to run on a 13 amp plug top as drawer less current then that. So just as the Fagor over you have is less then 13 amp is there a reason you wanted to know? As the 16 amp oven you have found cannot be used on a 13 amp plug top. For this you will need a cooker spur wired in and then the oven wired into that if you wanted that oven. But there is plenty of single ovens out that that you can use on a 13 amp plug so saves getting someone in to fit a cooker spur. Do you need help in finding an oven that can be run on a plug top?If so then what kind of oven is it you are looking for? Regards
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Thanks for your help Daniel. Looks like I have a problem. My wife ordered the cooker yesterday and paid for it to be installed next Monday 23rd.The installation firm phoned tonight for further info about the old cooker and Itook the phonecall.I was not able to give the required info hence my getting in touch with you. The new oven is an AEGbp530400im single electric oven,product code 89030601 and it looks like I need to cancel very quickly. Thanks again, John
Ok that oven is a pyro clean oven so that is why it is 16 amp. You need to cancel that oven and if you need help looking for an oven you can use on a plug let me know and i can help you.
This model drawers 12 amps so will be fine to run on a plug top if you still want an AEG oven AEG BE300362KM Or theres a decent Bosch oven as well that comes with a 2 year warrenty and again runs on a 13 amp plug top Bosch HBA13B150B
Daniel T., Home Appliance Technician
Experience: 20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Thanks Daniel, you have been a great help,I will be cancelling first thing tomorrow.I would appreciate any info about appropriate ovens and hobs but find it quite difficult using the net as I am not very competent and would be more comfortable on my mobile phone.Is that possible in any way? Thanks once again