George-Allsorts
George-Allsorts, Senior Appliance Technicial Manager
Experience:  A whitegoods technician with 30+ years service in Domestic Appliance Service & Repair, and General Mechanical & Electrical Repair
19471162

GEORGE I HAVE A HOTPOINT FDW60G DISHWASHER WHEN SWITCH ON

Customer Question

HI GEORGE I HAVE A HOTPOINT FDW60G DISHWASHER WHEN SWITCH ON JUMPS FROM NORMAL TO ECO45 I DONT THINK ANY WATER IS GETTING THRU
Expert:  George-Allsorts replied 1 year ago.
Press it and hold the START/RESET button so it goes to Reset.. Once that is done, try to run a program and let me know what happens. Look for any lights/flashing lights
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
HI GEORGE TRYED THAT AFTER SAY 15 SECONDS JUMPED TO ECO45 GREEN LIGHT FLASHING.
Is it just Eco on its own?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
YES
Then this indicates that you have a water leak into the base which has tripped the anti-flood system. The water could be an overflow, or a burst hose or seal.Turn the power off, tilt the appliance backward gently to expel any water.. If it happens again you'll need to remove the side panel to look for the source of the water ingress.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
HI GEORGE DONE WHAT YOU TOLD ME TO DO AND IT SEEM OK NOW THANK YOU VERY MUCH FOR YOUR HELP I WILL DEFO RECOMEND YOU TO FRIENDS AND FAMILY.IF I DO HAVE A LEAK IN MACHINE CANI GET SPARES ON LINE.
If you do find a leak, come back to me and let me know which part is leaking.. I can then assist you with getting parts
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
THANKS GEORGE WILL DO.
Your welcome