Michael
Michael, Customer Service
Experience:  I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
11519491

My Gaggia Classic coffee machine R18161 leaks when you

My Gaggia Classic coffee machine R18161 leaks when you pour water in from the top, it just spills all over the unit?
Any ideas?
Ruth
Expert:  Michael replied 10 months ago.
Hi, I am Tech Michael an expert in this field and I will be assisting you today. I am a Master Technician that's dedicated to giving you the best Answer possible.If you are new to the site, this is briefly how it works:1. We may need some back and forth to exchange information (if needed) and there is no extra cost for replying.2. I will give you the best possible Answer for your problem without the ability of actually being present with you.The better you describe the problem, the quicker I can help ;-)3. Remember to leave a Positive Rating ,it doesn't cost anything additional to rate kindly;-)I am only credited for my time and expertise if you rate kindly.How old is your Gaggai coffee maker?ALso haow often do you descale this unti?Thank youTech Michael
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
It is 3/4 years old and I descale it every 6 to 9 months , it was last done in March and has worked beautifully until then.
My son stayed in my house and when I came back yesterday, the tank was full of coffee granules, I gave it a good clear by pressing the right hand button and released dirty water, then I cleaned out the water tank and went to fill it from the top with filtered water and it just spilt all over the unit with no water going into the water tank at all.
I can call you if it would be easier?
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
yes in 10 minutes, does that suit you?
Expert:  Michael replied 10 months ago.
Hi I sent you the offer from Just answer once you accept that We can talk on the phone;-)Thank youTech Michael
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
is it going to cost me £11 ?
Expert:  Michael replied 10 months ago.
Hi that sounds about right.Tech Michael
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
lets see if we can do it without talking thank you, ***** ***** you need to know?
Expert:  Michael replied 10 months ago.
Ok that will be fine ;-)
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
any ideas on how to fix it
Expert:  Michael replied 10 months ago.
Hi Ruth, does it act like there is a crack in it? Or when does the water leak like it is?Please also let me knwo if it only leaks when it is ON?
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Feel really stupid, mustn' t have had the water tank in properly, its fine now and not leaking, as you were not able to help do I get a refund?
Expert:  Michael replied 10 months ago.
Hi Good morning. I wasn't on when you replied But I am now.Please rate my service in a kind fashion I will let customer service know about that.Have a great day and Im glad you figured it out before I could get back with you.Tech Michael
Michael, Customer Service
Experience: I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.