Plumberpro
Plumberpro, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Heating and hot water heating appliances experienced
77408428

My ferroli 32che boiler is leaking from the cold water valve

Customer Question

Hi my ferroli 32che boiler is leaking from the cold water valve .the ferroli engineer came and changed it and said my cold water pressure is to high so I had a limiter fitted and it turned down the pressure. It now leaking again but what should the pressure be set at as if it is too low I cant have enough pressure to have a shower.
Expert:  Plumberpro replied 1 year ago.
Hi, the boiler should have an inbuilt limiter, but if not then a pressure reducing valve set at 3 bar would be fine. Something definitely isn't right here. I would call ferroli back .I've installed boilers for 15 years and never come across this. Could be an issue with this boiler.Just to let you know you should be getting around 13 litres per minute of hot water out put.Just double checked, the boiler does come with inbuilt limiter
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi The pressure reducing valve is set at 2.5 bar so that should be O K. I think it may be a fault with this boiler. They have changed it before .I will call in Ferroli and see what they say. thanking you. Colin.
Expert:  Plumberpro replied 1 year ago.
Your welcome.All the best