George-Allsorts
George-Allsorts, Senior Appliance Technicial Manager
Experience:  A whitegoods technician with 30+ years service in Domestic Appliance Service & Repair, and General Mechanical & Electrical Repair
19471162

I am losing coldness in the fridge it has gone from 3 to 13

Expert:  George-Allsorts replied 10 months ago.
Hello John, my name is***** you let me know the model and product code of the appliance please. This can normally be found inside the refrigerator compartment on a label. I am on call today and may be in and out... I may therefore not be able to answer you immediately, but if you leave me a message I will come back to you later.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Model PRT 330LS
Thanks John... Can you tell me if you can see any frost in the area of the fan at the back of the fridge?Can you tell me if the compressor is operating?Can you tell me if the temperature of the compressor is Cold, Warm, Hot?
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Ye I did have some, I switched off fridge for about an hour till it defrosted, it has now gone and the fridge is now on 16
Regards John
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Where is the compressor?
The compressor is around the back of the appliance at the bottom... a large black dome
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I will have to look to night as I am at work at the moment,Thanks John
Ok John.. let me know when you get home... Again, if I am not around, leave me a message. regards
Just to reiterate... Can you tell me if you can see any frost in the area of the fan at the back of the fridge?Can you tell me if the internal fan is operating?Can you tell me if the compressor is operating?Can you tell me if the temperature of the compressor is Cold, Warm, Hot?
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Hi George the black pot at the back is very hot, John
It sound like your appliance is short of refrigerant... it will therefore need recharging. You will need to call in a refrigerant engineer for this as it is not something you can do yourself.If you have been using the appliance for any length of time in this manner the compressor may have become damaged and will need replacing.
I would appreciate it if you could find time to offer a rating of the assistance I have given you. To do so, use the stars provided. This is the only way I can be credited for responding to you.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Hi George,
Thanks very much for your help, The problem was just as you said, spot on. Would use your service again. Once more Thanks John
Thank you John.. Could you use the stars provided for rating please.. regardsGeorge
Experience: A whitegoods technician with 30+ years service in Domestic Appliance Service & Repair, and General Mechanical & Electrical Repair