George-Allsorts
George-Allsorts, Senior Appliance Technicial Manager
Experience:  A whitegoods technician with 30+ years service in Domestic Appliance Service & Repair, and General Mechanical & Electrical Repair
19471162

I have a small zanussi zdts102 dishwasher. It will not work!

I have a small zanussi zdts102 dishwasher. It will not work! the light comes on on the last wash I used but not the other lights and I cannot wash anything?
Expert:  George-Allsorts replied 8 months ago.
Hello Sally, my name is***** you open the door of the appliance and give me the MODEL, PRODUCT CODE, PNC which is normally on a label down the side of the door or door opening please.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
sn 20730067; pnc###-##-####05; model zdts102
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
George could we talk on the phone I am a bit of a technophobe! 0207(###) ###-####
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I don't want to pay any more so please just tell me what I need to do
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Are you still there George???
Yes I am still here Sally...I am just looking at the documents for your appliance .. Give me a few moments
You say the light comes on the wash that you previously used but not the other lights.. What other lights are you referring to?
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
the one by the arrow on the right which is I believe the on button...also I cant change which wash I use and in any case it wont wash at all
Can you tell me if the END light is flashing
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
no it isnt
Can you PRESS and HOLD the Programme selection button for 3 seconds please.. Tell me what response you get from the appliance
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
the end light is flashing??
Ok, shut the door of the appliance
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
George I think you are probably a genius - it appears the machine is working now .what happened
The program locked out.. This could be for many reasons... If it were a fault in the system then the END light would be flashing a code to indicate so.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
do you think it will be ok now
Once the appliance has finished draining out.. It should have ended the cycle.. You can then try it. Please take the time to rate my assistance using the stars provided, as it is the only way I get credited for responding to you.
Experience: A whitegoods technician with 30+ years service in Domestic Appliance Service & Repair, and General Mechanical & Electrical Repair