George-Allsorts
George-Allsorts, Senior Appliance Technicial Manager
Experience:  A whitegoods technician with 30+ years service in Domestic Appliance Service & Repair, and General Mechanical & Electrical Repair
19471162

I have a hotpoint os 897d p ix/hp which gives an f07 error

Customer Question

I have a hotpoint os 897d p ix/hp which gives an f07 error when in fast clean mode. What is the problem
Expert:  George-Allsorts replied 1 year ago.
Hello John, my name is***** you been cleaning the door recently?
1. Open the oven door fully.2. Use a screwdriver to lift up and turn the small levers located on the two hinges.3. Grip the door on the two outer sides and close it until it hits the stop. Pull the door towards you, lifting it out of its slot.4. Replace the door in reverse of the above sequence.Make sure that there is a gap of approximately 15 mm between the top of the door and the console panel when the door is closed.Failure to allow for this gap will likely result in a fault code of F07 during the Fast Clean pyrolytic cycle.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I replied to this in an email. It is impossible for the gap to be 15mm, it is about 5mm and is non-adjustable.
I started this expecting a solution for £20 and now you want more. The answer must refer to a different machine.
I would like my £20 refunded, thankyou.
The answer does not refer to a different machine.. The answer you have been given is directly out of the service manual for the appliance you have..I have not asked you for more funds, but have suggested that if you wish a copy of the service manual then you could uptake the offer.. The offer is not obligatory.
You can not reply to me by email, so I have no email from you.I do not give information for the fun of it so don't like insinuations that I would mislead you.Below are 2 extracts from the service manual.. Both of which are clipped so can not be edited. Do you still want a refund?