Kelly
Kelly, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Technician with over 30 years of experience.
11418111

There , I bought my Bush washing machine in sept 2014 and

Customer Question

Hi there , I bought my Bush washing machine in sept 2014 and It's got a leak and it won't drain at all.My friend managed to help me put the washing machine on the side and undid the front funnel to release the water but now Its got a leak.The manual only says it has 12 months guarantee. How much is this going to cost to get repaired as it's out the 12 months ? :(
Expert:  Kelly replied 6 months ago.
Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! Please know that I am not compensated for my time by the site until you rate using the stars at the top of your page. A rating is appreciated once we get to the solution for your appliance issue, thanks! Laying it on its side is likely what caused the leakage. The tub is very heavy with the counterbalance blocks attached to it. There is probably a hose that has come disconnected or the front rubber door boot came off. If you open the door and inspect the rubber door boot, stretching it in all directions, is it tight or has it pulled off?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
O no god me and my friend have made it worse great :( only agreed as it says in the instructions to if you can drain it yourself . O that's what it's called the rubber boot lol it is very tight
Expert:  Kelly replied 6 months ago.
If the rubber door boot is tight, there is probably a hose off under the tub. Can you remove the top or back access panels to get a look inside?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Top or back access panels??
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I can't move the washer on my own
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
How much would it cost for a washer technican to fix it if it's a basic issue or basically what ur saying??
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
When we managed to move the washer out it looked like a hose came out but to be honest I COULDNT SEE A HOSE LOOSE AT ALL. I'm in Norwich Norfolk area.u know a technician who would be able to help?
Expert:  Kelly replied 6 months ago.
Okay, it sounds like you may want to call for service. These machines are pretty complex and I would hate to see you get into it more and have other issues. If it is just a hose off or something like that, I would estimate about £ 60-70. Please let me know if you have additional questions or need clarification. There is no additional charge for any follow up help! Please remember to rate before you leave, using the stars at the top of the page. If you have any other questions, please let me know! You may continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need, even after rating my service. Thank you!
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
U think it would be that price to fix a leak maybe it's a case of tighten something on the inside
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Basically doesn't drain at all and now has a leak
Expert:  Kelly replied 6 months ago.
If it is still not draining, the pump is probably faulty. The leak is probably a hose issue.