Rob
Rob, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20 yrs. experience with a major worldwide manufacturer.
14831508

I'm unable to remove the screw keeping the cover on the internal

Customer Question

I'm unable to remove the screw keeping the cover on the internal light, the fridge is 6 weeks old and of course, ***** ***** will reimburse the cost of the bulb, they will not replace it. The user manual makes no mention of a screw keeping the bulb cover on, my eyesight is not fantastic and I have tried every Phillips screw driver I possess to get the cover off but can get no purchase and the screw will not move, it's incredibly frustrating! Can you help?
Expert:  Dales-Electronic replied 1 year ago.
Good morning my name is ***** ***** I'm here to help you today - Can you give me the make and model of your appliance and also the PNC which should all be on the rating label and I can have a look at the diagrams and hopefully resolve your issue.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Morning Ian, the model number is ***** and it's labelled as a Zanussi, sorry, no idea what the PNC is and can find no reference in the user manual, it is A+ rated. Martyn
Good morning Martyn - second question if I may whilst I dig out the diagrams - are you sure that the screw is actually a philips could it be a Torx ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello Ian,o cannot get my head far enough into the fridge to see!! I have no idea what a Torx fixing is? Is this something I can get commonly in the UK? Martyn
OK do you have a small flat screwdriver as according to the service manual your model is fitted with a clip on cover not a screwed on one, but what would they know they only built it. If you have a flat screwdrive see if you can feel any bite in the screw head.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks Ian, unfortunately I need to leave for work, can I pick this up tonight?
Of course it will give me a little time to find out what a 'screw steel st 2.9 x 9.5 is (laughs)
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Many thanks Ian, and you're right, the blasted user guide & website only mentions a clip but a screw fixing is most definitely there! Catch up with you later. Martyn.
A quote from a learned at Electrolux 'it can be a straight, a philips or a torx 20 depending on the week of manufacture and the build location' looks like You and I are on our own - so small flat bladed screwdriver with about a 1/8" tip