Dales-Electronic
Dales-Electronic, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I am a Home Appliance / Refrigeration Technician of 25yrs+ with my own business and for multi-brand national companies.
26760916

I have a zanussi washing machine Zt1012 it will not spin replaced

I have a zanussi washing machine Zt1012 it will not spin replaced the timer but still no spin, drive belt in tact some noise being made but no motor revolution any suggestions welcomed
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Pump works for water drain and timer dial does rotate again without drum spin
Expert:  Dales-Electronic replied 10 months ago.
Good morning my name is ***** ***** Im here to help you with your problem - would you kindly let me have the PNC for your appliance - this is located inside the door frame.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Hollow ian , sorry about delay A Number on the back case is###-##-#### ***** in machine so i wuill drain and open door will take a few minutes
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
sorry about typo errors above
No the 914 number is ***** I was after
OK have you checked the carbon brushes on the motor?
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
No I have not checked them, that will take a few minutes as I will need to invert the machine
OK if you tip it over on its side so that the soap dispenser id at the bottom you should be able to get on out to check.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Ian Bushes look fine and are in contact
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
The contact pick up surface does look worn
OK how long is the carbon sticking outside of the brush holder and are the ends of the carbon shiny or dull?
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Carbon sticking out some way showing manufactures text, the contact rotation point is dull at the point of bush contact
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Can I send you an image if you prefer
just do it as an attachment above, need to see brush holder with carbon sticking out and also the contact end of the carbon not the motor
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I will take a minute ore two to transfer images onto computer
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
What e mail address do i use I have images stores
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Ian I have the images asked for but I need to know how to send them as an attachment as I cannot see a e mail address on the link
If you look in the text box on here there is a paperclip above the text area just attach the file as you would with an email address and it will be posted to me here - if that doesnt work then send the email to -***@******.***
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Ian images sent
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Sent to***@******.*** as attachment
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Re sent using the e mail link you provided,
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
OK give me a moment whilst I have a look.
OK looking at the brush assembly - can you put the two brushes side by side with the curved area showing upwards so I can see the actual ends of the brushes not the top of same. The brushes to me look worn out but I just need to see their ends.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Ok Give me a minute to disemble
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Images sent
OK they have not arrived yet so will come back to you as soon as they do
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Just in case the images are not clear one contact is dull the other is shiney
Still not got them but with what you have said you need to change the brushes as the one that is dull has been arcing across the commutator. Before you put the new ones in make sure you give the commutator a clean with a cloth to get rid of all the carbon dust. Would you now at this point rate the information given, if you need further advice you can come back to me at any time re this problem. Ian
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Do I need a new motor or can I just buy the two bushes seperatly
Can you tell me what the manufacturer of the motor is? also the serial number of the appliance?
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I cannot see any name but the code is MCA 38/64-148/zn36
number 63024437
Is the motor round or square?
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
square
Just check the motor label does it say FHP or CESET on it?
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I Will get a mirror and try to see Underside
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Its a CESET
OK the part number of the item is *********** which you can get from the links below -- https://www.amazon.co.uk/Genuine-Electrolux-Washing-Machine-50216397005/dp/B00DJ4GM7Yor http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/like/291588875706?limghlpsr=true&hlpv=2&ops=true&viphx=1&hlpht=true&lpid=122&chn=ps&googleloc=9044875&poi=&campaignid=207297426&device=c&adgroupid=13585920426&rlsatarget=aud-133395220626%3Apla-131843277186&adtype=pla&crdt=0&ff3=1&ff11=ICEP3.0.0-L&ff12=67&ff13=80&ff14=122 I think were done now and you should be OK from here on. Could I ask you to now rate the information given by selecting from the star rating system at the top of the page, you can come back to me at anytime later if you need further help. Thanks for using JA and have a great afternoon - Ian
Experience: I am a Home Appliance / Refrigeration Technician of 25yrs+ with my own business and for multi-brand national companies.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Help appreciated, thanks for finding the link