Michael
Michael, Customer Service
Experience:  I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
11519491

I have a(###) ###-####Creda 550G 9.5 Kw Shower Unit of Serial No:42A10

I have a(###) ###-####Creda 550G 9.5 Kw Shower Unit of Serial No:42A10 13 66 installed in 04/07 2013.This is my 3rd Creda shower in 27 years!
The bathroom is situated adjacent to the kitchen,this being a bungalow. Last May,one of the two 5' fluorescent tubes;situated in the kitchen; started flickering as it was on it's way out.When this happened the showers tried to start up,the lights came on and it seemed to be surging,with water coming out of the showerhead.However on fitting a new tube the problem was solved.
Last week the same thing happened again;the tubes seem to last a year;I was worried about this and called an electrician,to try and get to the bottom of the problem.This woman came and did all sorts of things to the wiring;this is a modern fuse board by the way;after 2 hours when she connected everything up,things went from bad to worse.Whereas the problem only occoured with the fluorescent tube,it now happened when I switched on the light to the bathroom also when I switched on the top oven of the double oven!Worse was to come,when a new fluorescent tube was inserted on switching it on it also started up the shower.
This woman was perplexed about this and admitted she did not know.She subsequently came back with another electrician,with a lot of experience?This guy said that he had seen this before with showers and that he reckoned that the solenoid had gone!For this information and the state my electric system is now in has cost me an arm and a leg.
I am not an electrician,but I am a retired marine engineer officer and I personally think this diagnosis is wrong.I would therefor be obliged if you would please comment on this.If I am correct then I will have another electrician in to try and sort this mess out. am sorry that this has taken so long but I have tried to give you as much information as possible as I have also in the past had to troubleshoot.
Thanking you in anticipation,I am yours sincerely,
John A Tierney
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I also have a pull cord isolating switch for the shower in the bathroom and have been advised to use this,after showering as it stops the shower coming on when the other switches are activated.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
He also said that by using the isolating switch,I would probably get about another 5 years out of my shower.
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.
Hi John, I am Tech Michael an expert in this field and I will be assisting you today. I am a Master Technician that's dedicated to giving you the best Answer possible.If you are new to the site, this is briefly how it works:1. We may need some back and forth to exchange information (if needed) and there is no extra cost for replying.2. I will give you the best possible Answer for your problem without the ability of actually being present with you.The better you describe the problem, the quicker I can help ;-)3. Remember to leave a Positive Rating ,it doesn't cost anything additional to rate kindly;-)I am only credited for my time and expertise if you rate kindly. I will help you all the way with this;-)In this case its more of an interference of the electronics with the shower and the fluorescent,It also could be coming from another source of electrical noise.There is likely nothing wrong with your wiring, we need to isolate the source of the interference causing unwanted behavior And yes it will be a task of isolating these two systems.If you would like to discuss this by phone please let me know it might be quicker that way? In any case, I will stick with you until this is complete.Please rate my service thus far.Also it is the only way I am credited for my time and expertise with you.Once you rate, I will be notified and will add your question to my priority list so you can reach me anytime until this problem is solved.Then you can reach me by simply replying to this message anytime.Thank you John ;-)SincerelyTech Michael