Rob
Rob, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20 yrs. experience with a major worldwide manufacturer.
14831508

Our Samsung fridge freezer failed to keep materials frozen

Customer Question

Our Samsung fridge freezer failed to keep materials frozen yesterday. We emptied the appliance, cleaned it and left it for several hours before reapplying power. It now registers +22 degrees on freezer and 12 degrees on fridge over 2 hours later. Should the display not show these temps to be dropping towards the target -20 and +3 degrees (freezer and fridge)
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! Please know that I am not compensated for my time by the site until you rate using the stars at the top of your page. A rating is appreciated once we get to the solution for your appliance issue, thanks! Can you hear a fan running in the freezer section? Can you see any frost on the back wall inside the freezer? Is the compressor running?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Kelly. Believe I can hear fan in freezer section . (Sound stops a few seconds after opening of door).
No frosting visible on back wall.
Not sure if I can hear compressor (not familiar with this so this may not be working?)
Will remember to give rating when possible
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
Okay, so we need to get to the back of the refrigerator to check on the compressor. Are you able to pull the refrigerator out?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
With some difficulty. What to do when I do this
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
This will take some time
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
Take your time, there is no hurry at all. It is early morning where I am and I will be here all day. Once you get the unit pulled out, you will need to remove the cover at the bottom of the back of the cabinet. This will allow access to the compressor, the large black dome with pipes welded to it. If you feel it, is it warm, hot or cold and is it humming/vibrating?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok Thanks for now. I need to get help to move it to follow up.
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
You bet, thank you!