Rob
Rob, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20 yrs. experience with a major worldwide manufacturer.
14831508

Good morning, I recently moved my belt dishwasher and had to

Customer Question

Good morning, I recently moved my belt dishwasher and had to reset the anti-flood device by tipping it by 45 degrees. This solves the problem but 2 weeks on and the dishwasher is displaying the same problem but the anti-flood trick is not working. Grateful for any help you can offer.
Expert:  Dales-Electronic replied 1 year ago.
OK in this case you have got a substancial leak into the base area and either you take off the base and find out where the leak is and rectify it or you will have to get an engineer to come and fix it for you. Unfortunately its one of those jobs like a leaky bike tyre where you have to fix the leak - Ian
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks, ***** ***** as there is no evidence of a leak, the dishwasher doesn't even fill up with water, it just makes a wurring noise and gets stuck on wash.
OK you mention at the start of the questions that you had to fix an anti-flood problem by tipping over the dishwasher - was there any water in the base then as this is what is being suggested.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
There was when we first moved in as I forgot to take the bung out of the waste pipe. Having removed the bung and completed the anti-flood procedure it worked. Now the dishwasher is stuck on wash (no water entertainment the dishwasher, just a wurring sound) as it did during the flooding but the pipe is clear and there is no water in it.
OK can you give me the make and model number please.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It's a beko DWD4311w. Thanks
OK the first thing that you have to do it with power and water turned off tip the applance backward and onto its back (towels to hand) then take of the base being careful as the flood protection float switch is screwed to the bottom with two screws through the base. Remove the flood protection switch and check that the polystyrene is not jammed in its housing and also that the switch above it that actuates the device actually clicks when you press the float upwards. Come back to me when you have this done