Dales-Electronic
Dales-Electronic, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I am a Home Appliance / Refrigeration Technician of 25yrs+ with my own business and for multi-brand national companies.
26760916

Bosch Fridge Freezer ExCEL model no KGH33X10GB The fridge

Bosch Fridge Freezer ExCEL model no KGH33X10GB
The fridge has stopped working although light still on. No cold air. Freezer still fine. Have cleaned fridge out and defrosted freezer but no joy. Its only 3 years old! Any ideas. I have lost £40 worth of food. Help! Jackie
Expert:  Dales-Electronic replied 1 year ago.
Can you tell me if I you put your hand on the compressor (black motor at the back) is it hot or cold?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the motor at the back is hot
OK is it actually running or does it buzz for a while and then just make a click?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It is running and occasionally I've heard a click.
Give me an idea of the amount of time it runs prior to clicking please.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
There is a light click every 5 seconds.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The internal vents where the cold air comes in at the top of the freezer has a steady flow of cold air coming in. You are also able to access the vents from the fridge, yet there is no cold air coming up into the fridge and out the usual vents. Does this help you?
OK that was what I was afraid of, the click indicates that the motor has seized and will need to be replaced. What is happening is that the safety cutout on the side of the compressor has detected that the motor is trying to draw more power than it can safely do. I'm afraid its a case of changing the motor which is not a diy job? You will sadly have to get a fridge engineer in or alternatively replace the fridge freezer. Sorry this is bad news. Would you now kindly rate the information given by selecting from the star rating system at the top of the page. Thank you for using JA and have a good evening - Ian