Dales-Electronic
Dales-Electronic, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I am a Home Appliance / Refrigeration Technician of 25yrs+ with my own business and for multi-brand national companies.
26760916

My Siemens dishwasher 9000 299 936 is displaying E:15 and

My Siemens dishwasher 9000 299 936 is displaying E:15 and won't switch off
Expert:  Dales-Electronic replied 1 year ago.
E15 usually indicates that you have water in the base off the appliance. Can you give me the full ENr of your product that is lazer etched into the top of the inner stainless steel door and we can continue - Ian
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
There is actually no water visible and I have poured water into the filter area which was immediately sucked away. The E-Nr. SN6 4M002EU/02 thanks Ian
Just so we are both on the same sheet - the base that I refer to is the area between the wash cavity and the plastic base of the appliance. To access this you have to take off the front kickstrip below the door area??
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Not a chance, cowboy builder has virtually welded the machine into its inbuilt area I can't get at it or move it an inch without breaking out the fitting around it.
OK can you get the kick board off that runs across the front of the appliance?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No I am afraid I can't see photo that is the bottom of the machine door ( blue) and the tiles below that
Well I'm afraid we have gone as far as we can, I suspect as I have indicated that you have water in the basepan of the appliance. There is a flood protection switch in this area that shuts off all but the pump when this situation occurs. Until such time as access is given to the base area and this water is removed the appliance will not work - end of, no shortcuts or resets available. As all the electrical equipment is housed in this area eg circulating pump, drain pump and heater assembly if the water were allowed to rise further you would have a house fire.Would you now kindly rate the information given, if you manage to get access to the base and are able to remove the kick strip do come back to me and we can continue. In the meantime would you kindly rate the information given sofar by selecting from the star rating system at the top of the page. Thank you for using JA and have a great afternoon - Ian