Daniel T.
Daniel T., Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

I have a Whirlpool S20D RSB33-A/G fridge freezer there is no

I have a Whirlpool S20D RSB33-A/G fridge freezer there is no power to the fan that cools the condenser etc the fan works fine (removed it had it running with a temp 240v supply). Could anyone tell me where to go next is there a stat the my be faulty or could i be the control box
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 10 months ago.
Hi This will be a faulty control board causing this fault. If you look at the back on the far right hand side you will see the main control board. This is the fault which is causing this fault. Ive replaced loads of them in the past for this fault. So if you say the condenser fan is fine and works ok when powdered up yourself then it will be the main control board itself at fault. This is quite a common fault we see on these side by sides so i can assure you if the fan itself is fine then its going to be the main control board at the back at fault here. If you need anymore info just get back to me. Regards
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
could it be a stat or switch that brings on the fan that is faulty is there any way of testing the ie open or closed circuit on certain connections regards Neil
There is no stat or switch which brings the fan on. This is electronic controled which is done by the main control board at the back on the far right. Trust me ive fixed 100s of these side by side and we replaced loads of them boards for this fault so its not a fault ive not seen before. Ive seen it a lot and its always the control board if the fan is fine.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Ok i will order up a new one any suggestions where from and thanks for the quick responce
Regards Neil
Can you post the service number which is on the sticker inside the fridge were the model number is. Its 12 digits long and starts 85. Then i can get the correct part number for you.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
The number is ***** 158 15010 thanks
Thanks for that. The part number for this is 481221778217. This is the whirlpool version. But when Whirlpool took over Hotpoint they changed part numbers to there version which is C00311256. Now the bad news is the board is now obsolete from Whirlpool. But have a look on Ebay as theres still some boards on there. Just enter the 481221778217 part number and you will find a few of them. You can get it from there or do a google search and see what you find. But im afraid Whirlpool have now made that board obsolete, Sorry.
Daniel T., Home Appliance Technician
Experience: 20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Will do thanks