Kelly
Kelly, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Technician with over 30 years of experience.
11418111

SIEMANS WK14D540GB WASH/DRYER 863007 E6 PUMP Light came on

SIEMANS WK14D540GB WASH/DRYER 863007
E6 PUMP Light came on and I did everything they say taking drain house out and drained all water and unscrew pump cover -no foreign objects -put everything backhand ran a 15 minute programme but same problem
I am very very amateurish at do it yourself
Expert:  Kelly replied 10 months ago.
Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! Please know that I am not compensated for my time by the site until you rate using the stars at the top of your page. A rating is appreciated once we get to the solution for your appliance issue, thanks! Did the pump still run, even though it did not drain?
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
THE LIGHT CAME ON IN THE 15 MINUTE PROGRAMME IT WAS THE LAST MINUTE AND THE WARNIG LIGHT CAME ON
Expert:  Kelly replied 10 months ago.
Did the water drain out? Or did it stop full of water?
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I DRAINED OUT ALL THE WATER AS INSTRUCTED IN INSTRUCTIONS AND HAVE NOT PUT MACHINE BACK YET
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
THE MACHINE WILL NOT OPEN TO GET CLOTHING OUT-CAN THIS BE DONE AND HOW
Expert:  Kelly replied 10 months ago.
Okay, let's put it back together and see if it will allow a check routine. See the attached page. Can you retrieve any other stored error codes?
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
THE FLUFF LIGHT FLASHED ON AND OFF WHEN THE PROGRAMMES DID NOT WORK BUT CANT RUN THE FLUFF PROGRAMME UNTIL THE MACHINE IS EMPTY
Expert:  Kelly replied 10 months ago.
Did you use the attached sheet to enter the diagnostic cycle?
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
LET ME PUT MACHINE BACK TOGETHER AND THEN WHAT PROG SHALL I PUT IT ON
Expert:  Kelly replied 10 months ago.
You will have to follow that sheet I sent you, It explains how to initiate the diagnostic cycle.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
DID IT ALL AND SAID PROG 15 SO DOING 15 MINS IS THAT CORRECT
Expert:  Kelly replied 10 months ago.
Okay, so if it walked through all 15 steps, it should start a regular cycle now. Does it?
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
THE 15 MIN CYCLE IS WORKING BUT IT WAS THE LAST MINUTE LAST TIME THAT THE ERROR PUMP CAME ONHOW DO I OPEN THE MACHINE TO GET WASHING OUT IF I HAVE TO DRAIN WATER AGAIN
Expert:  Kelly replied 10 months ago.
Did the water not pump out last time or did it drain but still showed the error?
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
NO IT DID NOT DRAIN OUT JUST SHOWED THE ERROR AND I DRAINED THE ERROR
Expert:  Kelly replied 10 months ago.
Okay, did the pump run and it just not drain?
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Expert:  Kelly replied 10 months ago.
Okay, let's see what happens at the end of this cycle.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
2 MINS TO GO
Expert:  Kelly replied 10 months ago.
Great, thank you!
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
ITS 1 MINUTE BUT HAS NOT SPUN
Expert:  Kelly replied 10 months ago.
Has it pumped out yet? It has to drain before it will spin.
Expert:  Kelly replied 10 months ago.
Is the pump running?
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
NO IT ISNT WORKING -THE PUMP E 06 ERROR HAS COME ON AGAIN
Expert:  Kelly replied 10 months ago.
Is the pump running?
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
NO
Expert:  Kelly replied 10 months ago.
Not making any noise at all?
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
JUST THE BEEPING AND WHIRL IN BACKGROUND
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
HOW CAN I GET THE TNINGS OUT -SHOULD I PUT IT ON RINSE AND SPIN
Expert:  Kelly replied 10 months ago.
Okay, so the whirling sound is the pump, so it is running. NO water has pumped out or it has and the door will not open?
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
DOOR WILL NOT OPEN-JUST TURNED IT TO OFF
Expert:  Kelly replied 10 months ago.
Has it pumped out any water or is the tub still full?
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
THINK TUB ALL FULL I SUPPODE SHOULD TAKE OUT WATER FROM HOSE AT BOTTOM
Expert:  Kelly replied 10 months ago.
There has to be an obstruction in the drain line or the pump is faulty if it has not drained at all.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
OK WILL HAVE TO GO TO SIEMANS BUT ANY IDEA HOW I CAN GET THE CLOTHING OUT ONCE I DRAIN WATER OUT
Expert:  Kelly replied 10 months ago.
If you take the top off, there should be a release lever at the bottom of the door switch that will release the lock when pulled.
Expert:  Kelly replied 10 months ago.
See the attached page. Please let me know if you have additional questions or need clarification. There is no additional charge for any follow up help! Please remember to rate before you leave, using the stars at the top of the page. If you have any other questions, please let me know! You may continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need, even after rating my service. Thank you!
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
ITS BUILT IN SO CANT SEE HOW CAN TAKE OFF
Expert:  Kelly replied 10 months ago.
There are screws on the back edge. There should be a release cord that may be down by the pump area on the bottom.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Could it be a red cord at bottom I am pulling but nothing happening
Expert:  Kelly replied 10 months ago.
It will be a plastic type cord, yes. You have to pull and open the door at the same time.
Kelly, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: Technician with over 30 years of experience.