George-Allsorts
George-Allsorts, Senior Appliance Technicial Manager
Experience:  A whitegoods technician with 30+ years service in Domestic Appliance Service & Repair, and General Mechanical & Electrical Repair
19471162

I have a built in Zanussi Dishwassher ZDV12001FA which has

Customer Question

I have a built in Zanussi Dishwassher ZDV12001FA which has stopped operating and it sounds as if the drain motor continues to operate - I can only stop it by disconnecting the power supply from the wall switch - I cannot stop it by using the switches on the top of the machine. What is wrong - can I repair the fault?
Expert:  George-Allsorts replied 1 year ago.

Hello Norman, my name is George,

Can you open the door of the appliance and give me the PRODUCT CODE / PNC which is on a label down the side of the door or door opening please.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello George the PNC code is###-##-####05

The anti-flood system has operated.. There is water in the base of the appliance.

This could be a simple overflow past the door seal, or it could be a leak from a valve, seal, or hose.

Uncouple the appliance and remove it from its cavity. Tilt the appliance backwards to expel the water, then try to do a wash.. If the fault happens again, the appliance will need dismantling to search for the source of the water ingress

.

.

Please take the time to rate my assistance using the stars provided at the top of the page, as it is the only way I get credited for responding to you.