George-Allsorts
George-Allsorts, Senior Appliance Technicial Manager
Experience:  A whitegoods technician with 30+ years service in Domestic Appliance Service & Repair, and General Mechanical & Electrical Repair
19471162

My new Miele W1 washing machine has programme cancelled

Customer Question

Hi my new Miele W1 washing machine has programme cancelled message however it also has door lock and so cannot get the door open, what do I do? thanks
Expert:  George-Allsorts replied 1 year ago.

Press the Start/Stop button.
Cancel programme will appear in the display. Scroll up the list with the up or down touch control sensor to Deactivate Lock

• Do you know the exact model?
  • Was the appliance on a hot wash.. if so how warm did it get?

"The safety lock will remain activated if the temperature in the drum is above 55°C. The lock will not deactivate until
the temperature has dropped to below 55°C"

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi thanks for your reply. The machine is frozen with programme cancelled in the display and a lock sign. This happened on Friday and it is still the same. The model is WKB120 GB. It was on a 90 cottons wash but only ran for 5 minutes. What else could it be? Thanks Claire

Hello Claire, my name is George...

I'm sorry to hear that you are having such problems...

I know you say the appliance is frozen, but are the controls frozen too.... Can you use the arrows on the control panel to adjust the screen at all?

If not.. Turn off the appliance at the wall socket and unplug it for atleast 10 mins. then turn it back on and try again.. but after doing so you may need t reset the language etc.

Have you followed the latest instruction.. If so, how did you get on?

Please take the time to rate my assistance using the stars provided at the top of the page, as it is the only way I get credited for responding to you.