George-Allsorts
George-Allsorts, Senior Appliance Technicial Manager
Experience:  A whitegoods technician with 30+ years service in Domestic Appliance Service & Repair, and General Mechanical & Electrical Repair
19471162

Dishwasher dsfs 1531 w. my new control panel cover has

dishwasher dsfs 1531 w. my new control panel cover has arrived and I have nearly completed fixing it bur cannot seem to refit the box with the wires back into it. the one next to the button. in the original panel it was covered with a plastic flap.
Expert:  George-Allsorts replied 1 year ago.
Hello, what problem are you having .. Is it the box with the control card in it that you can not refit, or is it the display card?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
but also the part at the right hand sside where the lights go does not seem to line up properley . the old panel was dated 2011 this new one sholu be the same?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ok. light panel now back in place and white plastic unit next to it. so now only button and the part with the delay card in it
I understand.. Yes, the new one should fit as the old one did.. It is difficult to get the light guide into place but it will go.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
just got to tighten screws for light guide the n switch snd bigger bit
Excellent.. here is a guide for future use
Be careful putting the clear plastic part back as they break easily
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
dont go yet please I still have not got it in
Don't forget the cables for the display, otherwise it wont work Be careful putting the clear plastic part back as they break easily
Have you got it together yet?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
no, should the card holder be fitted before or after the on off switc h?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
will the board "stick out" over the back or should it be flush?
First the button.. then the card holder.. then the card.. then the light guide.. then the display card.
The board should be as it was when it was removed.. Have a look at the diagram in the link I sent you
I must go out now, but will be back shortly to respond to your messages and to continue with your problem.If you don't need further help, then just rate the assistance using the stars at the top of the page to close the question.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ok -- it doesn't look right in the picture compared to my unit but I wiil keep lookng
The images will not look the same but the procedure will be the same.. The guide is direct from the manufacturer to use when dismantling or re-assembling your product. I should be back in about an hour
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ok. I did not have to change any cards or anything. i simply cannot see how to fit it back in
I'm back.. So what part were you actually replacing? What have you done so far?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
hi on off button back in place, door lock back and light unit all fitted. i just cant seem to get the pannel with all the cables to fit back in . Are you able to tell me which bit goes at the front? the bit with 2 lots of fine wires or the side with the thicker wires?/and should the pack be flat or standing in its sdide?
As you are looking at the rear of the fascia panel with the power switch to the left, the cardholder in the middle and the door lock to the right; with the bulge of the cardholder towards you, the two groups of heavier wires to the bottom (blue to the left and multi coloured to the right. Locate the cardholder into place then push towards the fascia panel until it clicks into place.
Here is a diagram
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you. My panel seems to be the other way around so that why I am confused. Looking ferom t
the rear of the fcacia the on off is on my right. i should bve able to do this now. Bulge away from front of facia?
Ok, as you are looking at the rear of the fascia panel with the power switch to the right, the cardholder in the middle and the door lock to the left; with the bulge of the cardholder towards you, the two groups of heavier wires to the bottom (blue to the left and multi coloured to the right. Locate the cardholder into place then push towards the fascia panel until it clicks into place. Yes, bulge away from the front of the fascia
Customer: replied 1 year ago.