Daniel
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

I have a Zanussi Jetsystem washing machine product

Hi! I have a Zanussi Jetsystem washing machine product no.###-##-####01, three years old, very light use. The programme selector has suddenly failed to work on any of the cotton settings, giving the following displays: on 90 degrees - blank, and Start button blinks once. On 60 degrees: 16. On 40 degrees: 2. On 30 degrees: 2.21 (is looks normal but haven' t tried it). Can I correct this or do I need an engineer please?
Colin Sellers
Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.
Hi Is it only the cotton settings thats giveing you trouble? Does the rinse and spin setting work? If so then start a spin and then press and hold the start button and the button to the left of it and keep them held in for a few seconds untill the error code comes up E?? Let me know the code. Thanks
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Daniel, thanks for quick response.
Well, the Synthetic programme timings look odd (60 degrees gives 1 hr 30 mins, 40 degrees gives 2 hrs 21 mins, 30 degrees gives 1hr 33 mins). I used the 40 degree program and it worked ok but Cotton programmes still as described.
Have done as you said with a spin program and when I pressed the 2 buttons the display shows E82. What next?!
Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for that. E82 is a control board fault on this. Now you can try this. Its a very long shot but you never know.Turn the dial to off.Press and hold the start button and the button to the left again.Keep them held in and turn the dial 1 click clockwiseKeep the buttons held in till the lights flash then let go.Now turn the dial 1 click at a time all the way round to off going clockwise.Then turn on then back off again. Now retry it and see what happens. If still the same then the control board will need to be replaced. Now if you at handy at diy repairs then you can fix it yourself. As the boards come programmed up ready to fit as its just a case of removing the old on and swapping the wirs over. You need to remove the front control panel to access it. The part number for the board if you want it is 973914904927014 Sorry its not good news but if you need anymore info just get back to me. Regards
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Daniel
Thanks for that, but didn't solve the problem. I'll have a crack at fitting the board myself I think so thanks for the part number.
Best regards,Colin
Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.
Didnt think it would but it costs nothing to try that. This is going to be the main control board at fault so replace that if you can and this will cure the fault for you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for your help Dan. I actually have no money at the mo but will buy the Control Board when I can, and meanwhile will use one of the programmes that does work. Luckily all my clothes are synthetic or delicate, ha ha! Cheers, Colin
Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.
No worries Colin. To be honest theres not much difference between the cycles other the the delicate turn of the motor and lower spin speeds on other settings so you can just use it like that if you are able to. Also if you could remember to rate the answer i gave that would be great. Many thanks
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for that Daniel. Yes I thought that, so will use whichever settings that do work and then add a separate spin cycle if necessary. Hope the options don't drop off one by one! Right, will do the rating for you.
Cheers, Colin