Daniel T.
Daniel T., Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

Thank you Samsung fridge freezer water supply - none at the

Thank you Samsung fridge freezer water supply - none at the lever dispenser. Water is good to the valve and through the electronic valve and I can blow air from behind the front kick plate to the dispenser but I cannot blow air from the feed pipe at the back of the freezer when disconnected from the valve to the kick plate connector (disconnected from the rising pipe to the water dispenser?
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 10 months ago.
Hi Can you post the model number please. Also what is the problem you are having with the appliance?Is it that you are not getting any water from the dispenser unit? Thanks
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
No water at dispenser correct. Model
Is Samsung RS21DCSV
Thanks, ***** ***** been getting any strange noises from the fridge in the last few days? Also empty the bottom half of the fridge and look at the back at the bottom and you will see the water chamber.Is this all frozen up?Does you see ice/frost comming out the vents in the back wall in the fridge?
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Thanks no strange noises
Checking back bottom for frozenness
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Perhaps hair drier on the water chamber to see if that unlocks?
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Sorted thank. You?,
These RS21 models give lots of faults with the fridge evaporator creating too much ice and this causes the water bottle in there to freeze up. What you need to do is remove the back panel in there. Remove the vent covers to reveal the screws and remove them.Then remove the screws holding the water bottle on and then remove the screws at the bottom of the back panel. Then you can remove the back cover and just check theres no ice build up in there. As ice can build up on the fan and jam it up. Thats why i asked about the noise. Then use the hairdryer and defrost it all and the water bottle and hoses in there and then retry it and see how it goes from there. As for this fault its usually the water chamber frozen up.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
You are a star and totally correct - 2 mins of hair drier freed it up
Nice one glad to hear its sorted and thanks for letting me know. If you could remember to rate the answer that would be great. Many thanks
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Absolutely accurate clear and fixed in a few minutes with the experience that was obvious. Thank you
Your very welcome. Just click the star ratings at the top and this will close the question.
Daniel T., Home Appliance Technician
Experience: 20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.