Daniel
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

My Siemens Extralasse Dishwasher (of some 19 years) seemed

My Siemens Extralasse Dishwasher (of some 19 years) seemed to have gone through the cycle, however it continued to make the sound as if it was pumping out or dryer (the sounds made at the very end of the cycle. Upon opening it would appear that the cycle had taken place although the dishwasher tab not popped (not the problem). I tried to reset the dishwasher but it wont. Switched off from the mains and back on again. When i pushed the start button it again made the sound as if at the very end of the cycle. I attempted to again set to refresh/reset and it wont. Any ideas before i give up and get a new one??
Sharron
Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.
Hi If the drain pump is running all the time then its the flood switch in the base has been activated which is causing this fault. What you need to do is pull the dishwasher out and lie it on its back.This will allow the water to drain out from the base so you will need a towel for this part.Once the water is out stand it up right and this will reset the flood switch in there. Then retry it and that should get it going again from there. Fingers crossed this is a one off but if it happens again then theres a leak in there. For this you need to remove both side panels to check for leaks. But try the above first as if its just an overfill then laying it down andd draining the water from the base will clear this fault and get it working again for you. Regards