George-Allsorts
George-Allsorts, Senior Appliance Technicial Manager
Experience:  A whitegoods technician with 30+ years service in Domestic Appliance Service & Repair, and General Mechanical & Electrical Repair
19471162

Please can you help me identify the model of a Caple

Please can you help me identify the model of a Caple induction hob. It has two small zones and two larger zones - small zones are back left and front right, and larger zones are front left and back right. The controls are to the right of the four zones with a square of controls to select each zone, then underneath are the plus and minus buttons and below them on / off. There is a child lock key to the right.
Expert:  George-Allsorts replied 8 months ago.
Hello Catherine, my name is***** description you have given is alike to many hobes. To find the model of the hob, remove the drawer or oven from underneath the hob and look on the base of the hob.. there you will find a label with all the information you need. If you have a smartphone, you can use it to photograph the label without putting a crik in your neck
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Hi GeorgeMy request and description was very specific about a Caple hob and I was asking for a model number based on the description not an instruction on how to find the model number by dismantling parts of the kitchen. This isn't an option as I am asking on behalf of someone in a different location and she is unable to access the base of the hob.Thanks anyway. I will try someone else.Catherine
Hello again Catherine.. Is the following image anything like the hob you are trying to describe? Unfortunately what you are asking for is nearly impossible.. The reason is that there may be many hobs using the same glass and design but with differing internal parts.. hence the difference between model numbers. http://www.caple.co.uk/manuals/hobs/
Do you have an image of the hob?
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I have already checked the manuals on the Caple website and not been able to find one matching the description of the hob I have an image but not great quality.
Ok, I will look at the image and then search my files to see if I have anything either identical or alike to it.. I will come back to you later with any results.
Is that the only image you have? Do you have one that includes the controls maybe?
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
That is the best I could get using FaceTime. The controls are on the right hand side of the image. This is my godmother's hob and she doesn't know how to take pictures and email as she is nearly 80. She also lives over 250 miles from me.
Can you look at the following image and tell me if this is the configuration of the keys you are describing please.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Thanks for this George. I've sent it on to my godmother to check but I think the child lock key is to the right of the other controls from she described to me.
You are very welcome..If it is at all possible (if this is not the design), try get your godmother to Facebook it again, but over the controls area.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
My godmother says this is the correct layout.
Ok, can you ask her then if she is sure that it is an induction hob.. That particular setup is from a VitroCeramic Hob Rather than confuse her with technicalities, can you ask her if the hob glows orange when it is switched on, or if insted it makes a heavy buzzing sound and needs special pans.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
She said it glows red but she also said her original pans didn't work and she was told she needed copper based pans.
The hob she has is a VitroCeramic hob. With Induction hobs you can NOT use copper based pans, the Induction cooking method heats a cooking vessel by magnetic induction, so the pans have to be Ferro-magnetic.. Copper is not magnetic. Someone has spun her a yard, as there is to my knowledge, no cooking facility that specifically requires copper to be used.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Have you managed to pin down the model of the hob at all ? I suspect you're right about her being given false information.
I can only find one model with that particular setup amongst its many designs and that is the Caple C805C... I have attached the manual for it.. The user instructions for it are on the last page.. I would appreciate it if you could see your way to re-rating the negative rating you gave me.. and hopefully see your way to leaving a good feedback for your experience when asked. kindest regardsGeorge
Experience: A whitegoods technician with 30+ years service in Domestic Appliance Service & Repair, and General Mechanical & Electrical Repair
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Hi GeorgeI think it is actually the 812c but your help has been invaluable very happy to change the rating. Thank you very much.KInd regardsCatherine
The 812c has a double zone on one of the ceramic hotplates