George-Allsorts
George-Allsorts, Senior Appliance Technicial Manager
Experience:  A whitegoods technician with 30+ years service in Domestic Appliance Service & Repair, and General Mechanical & Electrical Repair
19471162

Esl 614 dishwasher door has become very heavy as if a

Esl 614 dishwasher door has become very heavy as if a counter weight or spring has broken. It is 17 years old and works perfectly, can it be repaired
thanks
Expert:  George-Allsorts replied 1 year ago.
Hello Mike, my name is***** you tell me the brand of the appliance and also the numbers that you can see on the label on the side of the door if there is one.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Electrolux esl 614
Thanks Mike, There are 7 versions of this model.. On the label at the side of the door there should be an 11 digit number starting with 911.. Can you tell me that number please.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks Mike... Have a look at page 7 of the attached document .. Position numbers 308 and 509. They are what control the door on this model. Each door hinge has a spring.. one or both of these may be snapped and require replacing. (See Picture) You will need to remove the front panel of the dishwasher to investigate.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Is it an expensive job to repair? Or is it more economical to replace the dishwasher?
If it is the Tie-Rod (509) that has snapped, then a replacement will cost around £15If it is the hinges then a pair of hinges will cost around £70 Please take the time to rate my assistance using the stars provided, as it is the only way I get credited for responding to you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for your helpwhere do I give you a rating?
On the starts at the top of the page Mike, thank you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It won't let me give you a rating I think we have to close and finish talking
Ok Mike, I had forgotten to put a tick in the box.. It will let you do it now Thanks again