George-Allsorts
George-Allsorts, Senior Appliance Technicial Manager
Experience:  A whitegoods technician with 30+ years service in Domestic Appliance Service & Repair, and General Mechanical & Electrical Repair
19471162

I have a Hotpoint Aquarius dishwasher. It seems to run

Customer Question

Hi - I have a Hotpoint Aquarius dishwasher. It seems to run through the cycle ok but the contents are not washed and the block of detergent is found lying on the bottom of the machine when it finishes. Sounds like no water (except there is) or the detergent pops out too late.
Any ideas?
Declan McManus.
Expert:  George-Allsorts replied 1 year ago.

Hello Declan, my name is George,

Can you given me the Model of the appliance please

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi George,
I am not on site at the mo but I think it's DF61 or 62. If it's critical I will need to wait until this evening to check. Can I pick this up with you tomorrow if that's the case?
Declan.

It is not critical at the moment Declan.. It sounds more like a heater problem.. Water not getting hot enough to disolve the tablet, or a distibution proble whereby water is not being distributed properly.

Investigate those two and come back to me..

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hmmm not sure how I check either of those - water was hot ok. Sounds like it might be simpler to replace it. Thanks

Then if the water is hot in the tub then it is not the heater..

Check the distribution of the water... Take off the top spray bar (rotor). Give it a rinse out under a hot tap.. Poke the holes in it to ensure water can get through.

Let me know what you find.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The bar rotor is on the bottom (only I think) and I did that and it looks fine . I will check again tonight and confirm then. Thanks,
Declan.

Ok.. Let me know... but this appliance has an upper spray bar in its parts list..

There is another thing it could be so let me know when you are at the appliance.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi George - could not check last night - will do so this evening and get back to you.
Thanks,
Declan.

OK

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yikes- there is a top rotor too - how stupid- anyway it was being run at 40 deg and I ran it last night at 55 and put the detergent on the floor so will check the results of that later. Funnily after 20 mins - maybe longer- the water was still cold when on the 40 deg setting. Is that normal?
Thanks?
Declan

Going back to my earlier comment:

"It sounds more like a heater problem.. .."

• Test the heater for resitance.. if it is O/C then the heater will need replacing
  • Test the thermostat supplying the heater as if it is not operating then the heater will also not operate.
  • Check that the thermostat and the heater are receiving power

Please take the time to rate my assistance using the stars provided, as it is the only way I get credited for responding to you.