Michael
Michael, Customer Service
Experience:  I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
11519491

Michael, I have had my Powertrek TX2000 years without any

Customer Question

Hi Michael, I have had my Powertrek TX2000 for many years without any problems. Now there is a problem with the electrics. I want to go on speed 5 and it keeps on putting me back to speed 1.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Please can you make sure you respond to *****************. I have had problems logging into my account. It is not showing this question at all and states resolved. I am really not happy.
Expert:  Michael replied 7 months ago.

Hi Caroline, I can not sent direct emails to you.

But I will help you if you can get on here.

Tech Michael

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Hi Michael, I have just paid £27 for the response which I have not received. It is regarding my Powertrek TX2000 for many years without any problems. Now there is a problem with the electrics. I want to go on speed 5 but it keeps putting me back to speed 1. I look forward to hearing from you.
Expert:  Michael replied 7 months ago.

Hi Just answer only holds your money on act. So you haven't lost anything.

Expert:  Michael replied 7 months ago.

ALso you will only pay one time no matter how long our back and forth conversation continues until we solve this ;-)

Expert:  Michael replied 7 months ago.

Ok, back to your issue, does it still run normal on speed 1?

Sincerely

Tech Michael

Expert:  Michael replied 7 months ago.

Once you let me know how it operates on speed 1 I will be be able to tell you the part you need ;-)

Tech Michael

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Hi Michael. Yes it does operate on speed 1.
Expert:  Michael replied 7 months ago.

Thanks for that info, what you have is a bad motor driver board.

its the cheaper part and that's a good thing ;-)

This board is easy to replace just a couple of wiring plugs, no soldering required.

I will help you all the way.

The best place to get that board is: http://powertek.co.uk/

Its best to call them for the order and they usually ship the part the same day you call unless its late in the day.

In any case, I will stick with you until this is complete.

Please rate my service thus far.

Also it is the only way I am credited for my time and expertise with you.

Once you rate, I will be notified and will add your question to my priority list so you can reach me anytime until this problem is solved.

Then you can reach me by simply replying to this message anytime.

Sincerely

Tech Michael

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Hi Michael, I went to order the part you suggested but cannot log on to the site to order it. Not knowing the part number, I am at a loss what to do next.
Expert:  Michael replied 7 months ago.

Hi this one is an odd one out lol, so there aren't many suppliers for this part these days.

I checked as well and Powertrek site is down right now but they should have it back up in a day or say they told me.

Please be patient, or you can try:Company No.6865732 | Phone:(###) ###-####18

http://www.gymdoctor.co.uk/treadmill-spares-54-c.asp

Please rate my service kindly at this time so I can stick with you until we have this part and its working as it should.

Tech Michael

Michael, Customer Service
Experience: I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Thanks Michael. I have emailed Gym Doctor to see if they have a motor driver board. Would have liked to get this fixed this week as my Mum misses her treadmill.
Expert:  Michael replied 7 months ago.

Aww I understand, best of luck with that and pleae keep me informed I will keep looking for parts for that treadmill ;-)

Have a great day!

Tech Michael

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Thanks Michael. It would be great if you could find the part for me. I have seen a video on you tube that shows how to replace it and it does look as easy as you said.
Expert:  Michael replied 7 months ago.

I will keep hunting it down but the site I sent you shoudl be able to get that for you I even sent you a phone contact

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Is that Gym Doctor or the telephone number you gave me. I shall do a search on the company number.
Expert:  Michael replied 7 months ago.

Hi Yes I do believe thats who it is;-)

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Good afternoon Michael. As expected no response from Gym Docter to my email. I tried to phone them but you just get the answerphone. Powertek website is still down. It is now mid week and I am getting nowhere fast. I found a website wwwpartsfortreadmill.co.uk but do not have a clue as to what is a motor driver board. Please can you have a look for me. I was hoping to get this sorted before the weekend.
Expert:  Michael replied 7 months ago.

Hi sorry to hear of this frustration Caroline. The motor driver board is the board the motor connects to its Not the main control panel up top, its near the motor ;)

I tried to get to that site but it seems unreachable from here in the US.

I will look for this part and I do have one source, i dont knwo if they carry the board any longer but its a US based company and they will answer or return your call if you try them for information. They may knwo if a good place to get that. The problem is this Powertrek was actually an odd ball, not really well supported.

But please try Treadmill Doctor:

https://www.treadmilldoctor.com

TOLL FREE 8am - 5pm Mon - Fri CST

(###) ###-####/p>

Let me knwo how that goes.

Tech Michael

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Hi Michael, I didn't realise you were in the US. I really need a company in the UK to contact. When I first went on justanswer.co.uk I would have thought they would have connected me to a UK expert.
Expert:  Michael replied 7 months ago.

Hi Caroline, there doesn't seem to be anymore of them in the UK that support this one except the manufacturer. I have full access to all the suppliers world wide so that wouldn't make much difference ;-(

Expert:  Michael replied 7 months ago.

I am still trying this for you as well,

this one is a hard unit to get parts for, I did see some on ebay but nothing that just was the motor driver board. But Treadmill Doctor is excellent at finding these parts, and it may be your only option at this point for this part.

Please give them a shot and let me know how that goes.

Tech Michael

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
As you are in the States Michael and I am at work, would it be possible for you to contact Treadmill Doctor for me.
Expert:  Michael replied 7 months ago.

Hi I will try them but I cant do that today i have dr appointments but I will certainly do that for you in the morning ;-)

Is that ok?

Thank you for your patience.

Tech Michael

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Thanks Michael. That would be great. Hope all goes well at the Doctors.
Expert:  Michael replied 7 months ago.

Also it seems Powertrek treadmills are from the US originally so there isn't many companies in the UK that supply parts. You can use Sears Parts Direct to get that board but they unfortunately are located in the US but I think this may be your only option to order from the US.

But I will see what I can do. SOrry for the inconvenience.

Tech Michael

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Hi Michael. Just had a response from Gym Doctor and they are unable to help so you are my last hope. If you could phone Sears or Treadmill Doctor and get me the code for the part, price and website I could then order from them via the website and pay by credit card. Keeping my fingers crossed that you will come through for me.
Expert:  Michael replied 7 months ago.

Hi Caroline I will do that for you as soon as I can;-)

Thanks for all that info.

Tech Michael

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Good morning Michael. I look forward to hearing from you later today hopefully with some good news. Many thanks.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Hi Michael, me again. Had another look online and there is a company that services treadmills. He is recommending I have a diagnostic visit for £69 plus VAT. He thinks the problem is related to the speed sensor. What do you think? Seems awfully expensive.
Expert:  Michael replied 7 months ago.

Hi It's possible but I seriously doubt it.

You could have that checked, BUT... it doesn't even set to a particular speed, thats usually the motor drive board ;-)

Tech Michael

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Thanks Michael. I have run out of options in England so lets hope the good old USA can help me and get my Mum's treadmill working properly again. I look forward to hearing from you further.Kind regardsCaroline
Expert:  Michael replied 7 months ago.

Hi Caroline I am workign on that. I have two surplus suppliers that may very well have this part.

But they take a while to reply ;-(

I will let you knwo who has this part as soon as I know.

Fingers crossed for you.

Tech Michael

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
thanks Michael. Am keeping everything crossed. We have a Bank Holiday on Monday so will talk Tuesday when hopefully you might have some news.Kind regardsCaroline
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Hi Michael. Not heard anything so thought it best to drop you a line. We have a dilemma. Mum has found a Reebok treadmill reduced from £800 to £300 on sale at Argos which ends this week. She is not sure when to buy a new one or wait for the outcome from you but she does not want to miss out a such a good deal. What is your advice.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Hi Michael. Me again. My brother has put black tape over the speed on number 5 so that is working for the time being. Have you any more news for me. Thanks. Caroline
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Hi Michael. I am very disappointed that you are no longer responding to me and we have not sorted this problem out.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Hi Michael. You said you would stick with me until we got this matter sorted. The last I heard was the 26th May. I am not impressed.