Michael
Michael, Customer Service
Experience:  I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
11519491

Problem with an indesit wixi143 washing machine. When you

Problem with an indesit wixi143 washing machine.
When you turn machine on the second (wash / 4hour led) led stays lit and you are unable to start a wash
Expert:  Michael replied 8 months ago.
Hi, I am Tech Michael an expert in this field and I will be assisting you today. I am a Master Technician that's dedicated to giving you the best Answer possible.If you are new to the site, this is briefly how it works:1. We may need some back and forth to exchange information (if needed) and there is no extra cost for replying.2. I will give you the best possible Answer for your problem without the ability of actually being present with you.The better you describe the problem, the quicker I can help ;-)3. Remember to leave a Positive Rating ,it doesn't cost anything additional to rate kindly;-)I am only credited for my time and expertise if you rate kindly.May I have the full model # ***** your washer?Also how old is your washer?Thank youTech Michael
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Machine is an Indesit wixl143 and must be 9 years old, (although its only been used for about 3 years)
Expert:  Michael replied 8 months ago.
Hi thank you for that information.Try something for me, please unplug the machine for 1 full hour.Then try it again, this is a main control board issue but its always possible that the board simply experienced a power glitch. If that is the case, then this will solve the problem. But if not then you will need a new main board. Its easy to replace and there is no soldering required just plug in connectors ;-)But dont try that without my advise and I will let you know the best place to order that part if you need it.Also I have other tips to make sure this repair goes smoothly.In any case, I will stick with you until this is complete.Please rate my service thus far.Also it is the only way I am credited for my time and expertise with you.Once you rate, I will be notified and will add your question to my priority list so you can reach me anytime until this problem is solved.Then you can reach me by simply replying to this message anytime.Thank youSincerelyTech Michael
Expert:  Michael replied 8 months ago.
Let me knwo how it goes.Sincerely ***** *****
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Ok I'll give it an hour.
Approximately how much would a main control board be - the machine is quite old and might simply be best to replace it if the power reset doesn't work
Expert:  Michael replied 8 months ago.
Hi I will agree with you on that, the board for this one is about $ 150 US.
Michael, Customer Service
Experience: I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Ok looks like a new machine - thanks
Expert:  Michael replied 8 months ago.
Hi, your welcome I wish I had a cheaper solution. best of luck with your news machine.Tech Michael