Daniel
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

I have had a Richmond mini range E installed today, ovens

I have had a Richmond mini range E installed today, ovens work fine but ceramic hobs are dead? Help please
Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.
Hi Is the grill working as well. Did you wire it up yourself or did someone else do it? Thanks
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
grill is working. An electrician installed it
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Did you get my answer?
Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.
Ok 2 things can cause this, Either the thermal cut out stat but normally if this fails it stops either the grill or the oven from working as well. Or the other thing is the mains connection wiring. As the power supply from the mains connection splits off from there to the oven switches and to the hob switches. So if a wire comes onnthe mains connection box or the brass U clips havent been fitted onto the mains connection then it will stop the hob from working. Personally i think this is a wiring fault. The mains connection box at the back isnt wired correctly so its causing this fault. You need to get the electrician back and get them to double check that thy have fitted the brass U connection clips in and the connection screws are tight. Then that should get the hob working. If you need anymore info just get back to me.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you will try that