Daniel
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

I have a Bosch fridge-freezer which is built-in. I don't

I have a Bosch fridge-freezer which is built-in. I don't know how old it is as it was bought by the previous owners of the house. The door does not stay shut properly anymore, especially when I have bottles in the door.
I have tried adjusting the screws of the hinges but there's no moving the door up or down to adjust it.
What could the problem be? I'm using tape to keep the door closed at the moment but that's not a solution as I feel the fridge is still losing the coldness (the butter in the fridge door is quite soft despite the fridge setting at 2 -3 and the milk is getting sour really fast.
I'd be happy for any ideas. Many thanks in advance. Monika
Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.

Can you post the full model number please. It should be on a sticker on the inside of the fridge behind the salad box.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I've attached a picture of the sticker in my fridge.
Hope you can see it.
Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.

Thanks for that. Ive found it now. Its actually badged up Neff rather then Bosch, Still the same company but they use different parts list.

On this they use spring loaded door hinges. You will find these are the fault here. That will be why its not closing correctly. You need to replace the door hinges on this and you will find this will cure the fault.

Now they come as a set of 3 so replace all of them and the part number is 00268699 if you need it.

If you need anymore info just get back to me.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello Daniel,
Thanks for your reply. I have an additional question. I have read online that it could also be a problem with the door seal. What do you think about this?
Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.

Door seals dont cause a door to stay closed. This is done by the hinges as the seal just sits close up the cabinet when the hinges are fully closed.

This is going to be hinges as its not uncommon for them to fail like this. Ive replaced loads of them in the past for this kind of fault as they are spring loaded hinges.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks Daniel. I will order new hinges.