Rob
Rob, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20 yrs. experience with a major worldwide manufacturer.
14831508

ZDM16301WA My dishwasher has started not washing the dishes

Customer Question

ZDM16301WA
My dishwasher has started not washing the dishes completely. The bottoms of mugs, for example, aren't clean, but the cutlery is clean. I have looked at the instructions and cleaned the filter and the rotating arm, but they weren't dirty and it's made no difference. I have the right cleaning stuff, I've done nothing different, it was ok one wash and not the next.
Expert:  Dales-Electronic replied 1 year ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I'm here to help you today. Would you kindly let me have the PNC number of your appliance from the rating label down the door side and also put the appliance on the hottest wash program and confirm that it is heating the water

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Ian, thanks for your quick response (I've already written a response to you, but not sure if it was submitted. So you may get 2 saying the same thing). I've just put the machine on a hot wash, however I think it was heating up before. But there is no number down the side of the door. It is a small counter-top machine, does that make a difference? Mine's not actually on the counter, it's been set in below the counter level, so I can't see all round it.

OK that is fine there are only two versions of this model so we should be OK. When was the last time you put a cleaner/descaler through it?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Er, haven't yet! Is that the reason? Are there any you'd recommend specially?

Go to Tesco and by a packet of Oust - it'll be about £1.50 or there abouts. You get two sachets just follow the instructions - then come back to me when you are done.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Ian, I've found the cause of the problem! The arm, I realised, was not going round freely, so I had a look at it, and a plastic band has a crack in it. So I've sent off via the shop I bought it for a new part. Thanks for your help, and now I will continue to put it through a cleaning wash every now and then.