Rob
Rob, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20 yrs. experience with a major worldwide manufacturer.
14831508

I HAVE A RANGEMASTER SXS BUT SEEM TO HAVE A PROBLEM IN WATER

Customer Question

HI I HAVE A RANGEMASTER SXS BUT SEEM TO HAVE A PROBLEM IN WATER DRIPPING FROM THE BACK OF THE LOWEST FREEZER COMPARTMENT (IN BEHIND BACK PLASTIC OF FREEZER) WHICH BUILDS UP AND FREEZEZ LOWEST COMAPRTMENT SOLID OVER A FEW WEEKS.......CAN"T SEEM TO GET IN TO LOOK AT IT AS ITS ALL ONE PLASTIC COVER WITH SOEM HOLES FROM BELOW THE INTERNAL LIGHT...ANY IDEAS?
Expert:  Dales-Electronic replied 1 year ago.
Hi my name is ***** ***** would you kindly let me have the full model number please.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Ian - it is RSXS661SS/C
Thank you could you now let me have the product code this is either a 4 figure or 5 figure code starts with either a 7 8 9 or 10. Once I have it I can look up the specs for your actual product - I have to head out four a couple of hours to do some work but will pick up the information on my return - Ian
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks.....is 8421 right (first 4 nos of serial no.?)......or U1009200-03?
The 8421 is correct - what I think is wrong here is that the drain hole behind the cover is frozen up or alternatively the heater that keeps it clear of ice has failed. Its a case of removing everything, lamp housing and lower cover and then carefully pulling forward everything so see if the drain hole is blocked at the bottom.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks.....so how do I get the back off to look at the drain and heater .....and do I need to turn the fridge freezer off anyway until the ice disappears.....otherwise can't tell if it's the heater or just a blocked drain?
Do you have a multimeter?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
suggestion?