Michael
Michael, Customer Service
Experience:  I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
11519491

I am trying to replace an old Danfoss cylinder thermostat,

Customer Question

I am trying to replace an old Danfoss cylinder thermostat, Type AT, with your ATC cylinder thermostat. However on the old one the negative wire was connected to terminal 2, positive to T1 and earth to earth with the fourth wire not used.
On your instruction sheet for the ATC thermostat it shows an earth, N.O. (T3), N.C. (T2) and COM (T1).
Help!
What do I connect to what to produce the correct result?
Even with the power off the boiler cuts in.
E Ashford
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.
Hi , I am Tech Michael an expert in this field and I will be assisting you today. I am a Master Technician that's dedicated to giving you the best Answer possible.If you are new to the site, this is briefly how it works:1. We may need some back and forth to exchange information (if needed) and there is no extra cost for replying.2. I will give you the best possible Answer for your problem without the ability of actually being present with you.The better you describe the problem, the quicker I can help ;-)3. Remember to leave a Positive Rating ,it doesn't cost anything additional to rate kindly;-)I am only credited for my time and expertise if you rate kindly.May I have the full model # ***** your unit ?Thank youTech Michael
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have already given a full description of the problem.
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.
Hi, I would test this part with a meter to be sue what the proper connections are. But in your case you should likely hook it up the exact same way your old one came out but please be sure of this first;\ This part can be installed in different configurations to achieve different results.The wiring in the diagram that came with the replacement T stat would be just one way to hook this in. But your application seems to be si up differently.So, if you are sure you disconnected the old one with the connections to NO, Com, and NC and T1 then you should hook the new one up that way as well ;-)This works like a relay with the connections labeled as such.But if you are unsure, please use the diagram as your guide.In any case, I will stick with you until this is complete.Please rate my service thus far.Also it is the only way I am credited for my time and expertise with you.Once you rate, I will be notified and will add your question to my priority list so you can reach me anytime until this problem is solved.Then you can reach me by simply replying to this message anytime.Thank youSincerelyTech Michael