George-Allsorts
George-Allsorts, Senior Appliance Technicial Manager
Experience:  A whitegoods technician with 30+ years service in Domestic Appliance Service & Repair, and General Mechanical & Electrical Repair
19471162

SPINFLO CAPRICE MK111 2007; This was a reclaimed cooker in

SPINFLO CAPRICE MK111 2007; This was a reclaimed cooker in perfect working order ( so I thought ) It looked as good as new, it didn't look as though it had ever been used. Used it on Grill mode for about 1/2 hour grilling some burgers, seemed to be working fine, but I happened to touch one of the other control knobs and burnt my hand. On closer inspection ALL the knobs were to hot to touch. There is no problem when using any of the Hobs or Oven. Any idea what is causing this??
Expert:  George-Allsorts replied 1 year ago.
Hello Brian, my name is***** you give me either a picture of, or the information from, the rating plate on the appliance please. It would be great if you can post a picture.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
picture as requested.
Hi Brian, The problem you are having is caused by not using the heat deflector of the appliance.. The heat deflector fits between the grill cavity and the control panel to protect the knobs from getting hot during use of the grill.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Is this not part of the appliance, surely its not an add on item ?
Hi Brian.. The heat deflector normally comes with the appliance but it is a separate part.. It just looks like a piece of metal I have attached an image of the 'heat deflector' inserted where it should be used
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
not very obvious on where it should fit and after lookin at the following pics perhaps you can see what I mean
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi again George, Just had another in depth look at the grill front and yes there is a pull out sheet of metal which I hadn't realised was there. personally I think it is of a poor design especially as I got the impression the heat was getting at the knobs from the rear. But I will give it a go. Thanks for making me at least look more thoroughly.Brian