George-Allsorts
George-Allsorts, Senior Appliance Technicial Manager
Experience:  A whitegoods technician with 30+ years service in Domestic Appliance Service & Repair, and General Mechanical & Electrical Repair
19471162

I have a belling cooker model no 652BL and when I turn it on

I have a belling cooker model no 652BL and when I turn it on there is a terrible noise - would it be a fan?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It sounds like a moving part
Expert:  George-Allsorts replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is***** you tell me when this noise appears... is it whenever you turn any part of the cooker on, or is just when you turn specific parts on?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi George. The first time was after I had been using the oven and hob to cook a meal and had switched everything off on the cooker. I turned it off at the switch to stop the noise. I then used it a couple of times after this without any problem but turned it off at the switch immediately after use. Yesterday I just put a pan on the hob and the noise started straight away.
Can you tell me the model code that is on a label somewhere on the surround of the oven..You may also find the code on the handbook or on the rear of the appliance The code will start with either 08 or 44
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
There's an Ind. code *********** Reg. Design no.(###) ###-####Serial No.###-##-#### ***** No 652BL. But nothing starting with the numbers you suggest.
Ok, I have what I needed now thank you.. At the back and under the hob, there is a cooling fan... This is the part that is giving you the trouble. I have attached an image of a diagram that shows the blighter
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks George!