Kelly
Kelly, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Technician with over 30 years of experience.
11418111

Accidentally locked my induction hob, can't find manual, get

Accidentally locked my induction hob, can't find manual, get guests,hellllppp! thanks,
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! Please know that I am not compensated for my time by the site until you rate using the stars at the top of your page. A rating is appreciated once we get to the solution for your appliance issue, thanks! May I please have your model number so I am able to provide you with accurate, model specific information?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Don't have it, it's built in
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
There is a tag on the bottom, accessible from the cabinet below. Are you able to get into the cabinet below it?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
sorry, old number 01202 380746. thanks
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Have you tried 01202 380746?
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
I am not available for phone service, I am in the US. Please allow me just a few minutes to prepare some information for you, thank you!
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
If you have a button with a lock icon near it, press and hold for 3 seconds. Does it unlock?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It's Whirlpool induction hob, there can't be that much difference in the lock mechanism in the various models? Thanks
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
Does your cooktop control look like the ones in the attached picture with a padlock icon?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Brilliant, just got it unlocked, thanks a million, can cook for my guests.
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
Excellent! Nice work! Please let me know if you have additional questions or need clarification. There is no additional charge for any follow up help! Please remember to rate before you leave, using the stars at the top of the page. If you have any other questions, please let me know! You may continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need, even after rating my service. Thank you!