George-Allsorts
George-Allsorts, Senior Appliance Technicial Manager
Experience:  A whitegoods technician with 30+ years service in Domestic Appliance Service & Repair, and General Mechanical & Electrical Repair
19471162

I have a belling BI70FP built under double oven , the bottom

Customer Question

I have a belling BI70FP built under double oven , the bottom oven works fine but the top oven and grill have stopped working . When i turn the top oven function slightly the light in the oven and the light on the front panel light up , but when i turn it to say 1 oclock the both lights go out but the oven heats up .
When i turn it to the grill function nothing happens?
Would you have any idea what is going on ?
Expert:  George-Allsorts replied 1 year ago.

Hi Peter, can you give me the code from the data label on the appliance please

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi GeorgeI just have model number and serial number , there is a part beside these that says pin code but it is blank

Ok.. give me a couple of minutes to get some documents

Ok I have the wiring diagram..

Is that Grill to the left, then Grill control, then main oven on the right?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Looking at the way this is wired, the left control is a multi-function control is it not?

Peter, the multi-function selector switch behind the left control knob has become faulty and needs replacing.

I have sent you a further request.. don't accept it unless you need a copy of the wiring diagram.

.

Please take the time to rate my assistance using the stars provided, as it is the only way I get credited for responding to you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have already taken of the selector switch and inspected it ( without taking any wires of it and i really seems to be 100%

Change it Peter.. Looking at the diagram and taking your desription into consideration.. That selector switch is your fault source

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Is there anything else it could be ? if it is not the selector switch ?

Power to the selector switch from the terminal block..

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Just one more quick question . Could you send me the wiring diagram ?Thanks for all your help george

Please first take the time to rate my assistance using the stars provided at the top of the page, as it is the only way I get credited for responding to you.

Then accept the request sent to you for me to send you documents

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi GeorgeSorry i was called away urgent with work , can i get back to you when my new selector switch arrives ?

yes, certainly

I notice you have not rated the assistance I gave you.. This is the only way I get credited both for responding to you, and for the time that I spent diagnosing your issues.
Please reciprocate the assistance I gave you, by taking the time to rate my assistance using the stars provided at the top of the page.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi GeorgeSorry for the delay in getting back to you , i have replaced the selector switch but it is the same as before When i turn the top oven function slightly the light in the oven and the light on the front panel light up , but when i turn it to say 1 oclock both lights go out but the oven heats up .
Have you any thoughts what else might be causing this ?

Looking at the wiring diagram, the only things that can cause this are:

1. Selector switch
  2. Wiring incorrect

I did originally say that the power to the selector from the terminal block having a bad connection could cause it, however, this is not true, as if this were the case then the power to the element would be cut.

Therefore, in line with what I am seeing on the wiring diagram, and not having the luxury of testing, I would still state that the selector has been incorrectly wired or the selector switch is faulty.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok georgeCan you send me the exact wiring diagram for this appliance

I can only do so through the Service above

I have given you the link in the secure box for all the wiring... You only need to concentrate on the top page

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks very much for your help george , it seems that the wiring was incorrect

Excellent news