Daniel
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

We have a Rangemaster DxD 910 refrigerator and need to

We have a Rangemaster DxD 910 refrigerator and need to change the water filter. The manual says that when you turn the filter holder anti-clockwise it will pop out. It doesn't and it will not pull out. How do we remove it?
Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.
Hi When you turn it anti clockwise do you you feel it move forward slightly?How far have you turned it anti clockwise? Thanks
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi,It turns a little less than 90 degrees and comes to a firm stop. It doesn't move forward at all (I was expecting it to do so as it says in the manual).Thanks
Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.
Ok thats enough for it to pop out. It should pop out as you expect. As you turn it it should pop out from the unit its locked into. As its not doing then hold the fiter cap with a pair of pliers and use them to turn it and at the same time wiggle it up and down left and right and pull hard at the same time and that should release it from there. If it just wont budge out then all it can be is the housing unit is warrped a bit causing the filter to jam in there as thats the only thing tha can keep the filter locked in as nothing else can cause this. So try the pilers and i think that should do the trick as you can use a bit more force with the pilers. Let me know how it goes.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Daniel you're a star. I had thought about using a pair of pliers but didn't want to break anything. The filter came out as you predicted.Thanks
Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.
Nice one, Glad to hear that sorted it. Most of the time you shouldnt need to use it but somtimes it can build up a bit of pressure inside which makes it harder without the pliers. If you could also rate the answer that would be great. Many thanks