Daniel T.
Daniel T., Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

I have a double oven electric with a fan main oven yesterday

Customer Question

i have a double oven electric with a fan for the main oven yesterday i switched the oven on and white smoke was coming out of the oven i turned it off and tried today it worked or seemed to on the fan side but when i turned it to the grill part the smoke bagan to pluther out its white smoke and the oven is not very dirty although there may be some debris on the metal grill bit at the top i am somewhat alarmed by the white smoke as i would have thought if it was dirt it would not be white can you help please
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 6 months ago.

Can you post the make and model number please.

Also does the grill and the oven still seem to be getting hot still?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
i dont know the model but its a stoves double oven i am not at home at present the oven gets hot on the fan side but sometimes white smoke comes out of the oven the grill gets warm but as the smoke was coming out i turned it off as i was somewhat alarmed
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
you can call me on ***********

Ok usually when you get white smoke its one of the elements is failing. If you inspect the grill element when you can you may see signs of burning on there were the element starts to split.

If the grill looks ok then remove the back cover and inspect the fan element as well. As from the sounds of this its going to be one of the elements have failed or its ready for blowing.

If you find next time you use the oven or the grill and you find its not getting hot then the element for that part has blown and will need to be replaced.

So for the white smoke you see im afraid this is the sign one of the heater elements in there has blown or is ready for going.

If you need anymore info just get back to me.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
my son has used the oven all week on the fan no problem until yesterday i tred it tonight and it seemed ok on the fan side then swithed to the grill part and the smoke appeared straight away there is a bit of debris on the frill part but not a lot
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
no i am not paying anymore at this rate i can call and engineer
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
give me your advice and thats what i will do do not take any more out of my bank

Not sure what you mean about paying anymore as you only pay the one fee which you agread to when you asked the question. You dont pay for each reply its just one payment for as many replies you need on this so dont worry about that.

As to what you said about your son using it. Then it sounds like the grill element is the issue here, You will find the grill has either fully gone of its about to fail. So you need to replace the grill element to fix this fault.

I see the question is still open, Do you still need help on this?

If so just get back to me but if not then if you could rate the answer that would be great.