George-Allsorts
George-Allsorts, Senior Appliance Technicial Manager
Experience:  A whitegoods technician with 30+ years service in Domestic Appliance Service & Repair, and General Mechanical & Electrical Repair
19471162

The door of our dishwasher has always been a bit of a

the door of our dishwasher has always been a bit of a problem + the fitter had a challenge fitting it. he had to come back to it twice + refit it.
it slides on it's mounting as you shut to door, it's meant to do this, but now it won't slide down + the door won't shut + the dishwasher can't be used!
how can we temporally remove the door so we can use the appliance?
while we wait for someone to come + repair it?
or can we repair it ourselves?
Expert:  George-Allsorts replied 1 year ago.

Morning Esther, my name is George,

Can you tell me the ENR of the dishwasher that is etched into the metal at the top of the doors inner panel please.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
S71M63X2GB/50
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the door only needs to slide down about an inch! then it'll shut + work!

Ok.. First you need to remove the trim from both sides of the door by undoing the two screws on each trim and sliding them downward

Here is a diagram to help

Let me know once you have done that

Have you done that Esther, or do you have a problem?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I can't find the right screw driver bit??
my husband would be better to do this but he's not home until 5.30 pm ?!?
is it possible to continue then or not??
sorry!
otherwise i'll keep looking for the right screw driver

I can give you the full instructions now; then if your husband has a problem he can return to me this evening.. Is that ok?

Yes, come back to me later when your husband is in to continue

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
very sorry!! this is crazy.... everytime I try to reply the laptop won't send it?!?! I have found a screw driver + got the sides off but it maybe best to leave it to my husband of that's ok?
thanks for your patience
your could send the full details otherwise?!

What I'm going to do is to send you the fitting instructions.. That way you can rate my assistance..

I will give you a verbal description too.

• Remove the trim from both sides of the door by undoing the two screws on each trim and sliding them downward to remove them
  • Behind the trims you will find an elongated hole.. within it you will find a retaining screw.. undo that screw to allow the door to drop then tighten it again.
  • If you cannot get the door to drop, once the retaining screw is loosened or removed, lift the door to remove it completely for inspection of the issue.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
we've managed to loosen the screws + remove the door
it appears that sliding mechanism is broken

Is it the parts in the diagram bellow that are broken?

Please take the time to rate my assistance using the stars provided at the top of the page, as it is the only way I get credited for responding to you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
hello George . we have struggled to communicate with you as my computer wouldn't send my responses back?! not sure why so hopefully you get this. thanks for your help. the broken parts are near the bottom of the door. a white plastic part, one either side with a hinged metal piece attached to the bottom of it. In an elongated slot in the door. The metal is broken. do we have any option other than ordering the new part from Neff + probably getting them to fit it ?? pls LMK

Is it the parts in the link above?

http://f01.justanswer.com.s3.amazonaws.com/secondhandheaven/43153a9b-d59d-4010-9813-2a0921a24e96_Capture.JPG

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
we haven't got the part yet?! but do you think it's something that we could fit or do we need to get a qualified person to fit it?
we're very glad of your help but it's been a problem that the links that you've sent haven't worked for me!?!? it just comes up 'this page can't be displayed' which has made it difficult. the last ques about is this the part?? I couldn't see which part you meant!

Hello Esther,

I am out at the moment but will respond to you on my return

Please click on the link below to view an image of the parts for the door fitting..

The part is available direct from Bosch or from this supplier

DISCOUNT:

If you are buying from the link I have given you, discount is available:
To get discount, when you get to the Checkout page.. To the left of the 'Pay by Card' button there is a link to allow you to enter a discount code.. Click on it and enter the discount code __ id1975 __ to get a discount