Michael
Michael, Customer Service
Experience:  I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
11519491

My hotpoint washing machine has stopped on rinse, the door

Customer Question

my hotpoint washing machine has stopped on rinse, the door is open and full of water.. and all the buttons are flashing
Expert:  Michael replied 12 months ago.

Hi , I am Tech Michael an expert in this field and I will be assisting you today. I am a Master Technician that's dedicated to giving you the best Answer possible.

If you are new to the site, this is briefly how it works:

1. We may need some back and forth to exchange information (if needed) and there is no extra cost for replying.

2. I will give you the best possible Answer for your problem without the ability of actually being present with you.

The better you describe the problem

, the quicker I can help ;-)

3. Remember to leave a Positive Rating ,it doesn't cost anything additional to rate kindly;-)

I am only credited for my time and expertise if you rate kindly.

May I have the full model # ***** the washers age?

Also were there any errors or flashing lights?

Tech Michael

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
hey micheal
thank for replying
at the mo its all flashing yellow lights
i ve lost the manual so don t know if theres error codes
Customer: replied 12 months ago.
Customer: replied 12 months ago.
hello are you still helping me ?
Customer: replied 12 months ago.
hotpoint style 8 kg washing machine
Customer: replied 12 months ago.
around 3 years old
Customer: replied 12 months ago.
hel;lo
Customer: replied 12 months ago.
shall i ask someone else
Expert:  Michael replied 12 months ago.

Hi I m sorry for the delay power outage ;-(

Expert:  Michael replied 12 months ago.

Thank you for that information.

Please try one thing for me it will help me to be sure what is wrong.

Please unplug the washer fro 30 full minutes.

Expert:  Michael replied 12 months ago.

Once that time has past, then plug it back in and let me knwo if it turns on all by itself stuck in that mode?

Or what happens when you start it then?

This may fix the issue if the control board simply got a little confused as can happen on occasion when power surges happen etc.

If all is well Great!

But if not please let me knwo the outcome of the test. and I will tell you how to fix this one ;-)

In any case, I will stick with you until this is complete.

Please rate my service thus far.

Also it is the only way I am credited for my time and expertise with you.

Once you rate, I will be notified and will add your question to my priority list so you can reach me anytime until this problem is solved.

Then you can reach me by simply replying to this message anytime.

Sincerely

Tech Michael

Michael, Customer Service
Experience: I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
Customer: replied 12 months ago.
hey
i ve triesd switching it off.... it has come back on as normal, but this happened before, also there is a really bad smell coming from the machine?
shall i put a quick cycle on again
Customer: replied 12 months ago.
its still flashing with the lots x
Customer: replied 12 months ago.
hello
Customer: replied 12 months ago.
i ve just done another wash an it seems to stop on the drain cycle and stops ...all the lights flash but you can still open the door
Customer: replied 12 months ago.
the problem is not solved and i have given you a rating please can can you help
Expert:  Michael replied 12 months ago.

Hi , I kind of figured.

This means you need to clean out the drain lines and make sure the drain pump is working as it should. If not you may need to replace that part but its super easy to do;-)

Let me know on that and I will recommend a great place to order that part.

I will help you if you need me to replace that part.

If you dont get to it before the weekend I will still be here.

Thank you for your patience;-)

Tech Mike

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
Customer: replied 12 months ago.
i want a refund you have not answered my question and have been constantly ignoring my text
Expert:  Michael replied 12 months ago.

Hi I did reply to you but I am not on here all the time.

Also We had a power outage that caused delays, My apologies for that.

I asked you some questions but have not replied to that as of yet. I need to know this so I can be sure what's wrong?

Please try one thing for me it will help me to be sure what is wrong.Please unplug the washer fro 30 full minutes. 26 May 2016, 2:16 PMMeOnce that time has past, then plug it back in and let me knwo if it turns on all by itself stuck in that mode?Or what happens when you start it then?This may fix the issue if the control board simply got a little confused as can happen on occasion when power surges happen etc.If all is well Great!But if not please let me knwo the outcome of the test. and I will tell you how to fix this one ;-)
Customer: replied 12 months ago.
hi mi cheal
you given me this information before.... i have done this and replied many times, its all on this feed
but i will recap i have turned it off and ran another cycle same thing happened , it seems to stop on the drain cycle and all the lights go on
my clothes have now been in the washing machine for 72 hours now
please reply asap so i can getbthis problem fixed today
Customer: replied 12 months ago.
are you not getting these messages
Customer: replied 12 months ago.
it shows that you are
are you in a different time zone?
Expert:  Michael replied 12 months ago.

Hi Im sorry with the holiday weekend here I haven't been on much.

I just now did receive the messages I believe.

In this case you need to check your drain lines, But if they are clear as they likely are and the filter if you machine has one. Then you need a new drain pump motor. It's electric on this machine and easy to replace with only one wiring clip and two hoses to remove ;-)

I will help you replace that pump.

The best place for you to get a new drain pump (and this is a common part to fail) is: http://www.ransomspares.co.uk/

Its best to call to order this part because they dont list all parts on their website.

Also they will ship the same day if you call for sure ;-)

Phone: 0844(###) ###-####a href="http://www.ransomspares.co.uk/" target="_blank">Home » Parts » Brands » Hotpoint.

In any case I will stick with you until this is complete.

Please rate my service kindly at this time so I can add your question to my priority list so anytime you text me here I will see it immediately. There is no additional cost for rating kindly ;-)

Have a great day!

Tech Michael

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
thank you micheal for all your help i appreciate it ... being the holidays !! i ll at the part tomorrow and contact you
Expert:  Michael replied 12 months ago.

You're more than welcome ;-)

Tech Michael