JamesI
JamesI, Handyman
Experience:  I have repaired and maintained numerous items over the years, from fridges to freezers, radios to TV's.
75967336

I have a BISSELL Vac & Steam. After start up and the

I have a BISSELL Vac & Steam. After start up and the "knocking" noise stops, water dribbles out of the cable entry hole and very little steam is produced. I have looked under the cover which forms the lock for the dirt box, and can see water seeping out of the end of the black pipe past where it enters the top of the flash tank. Can you help with fault diagnosis?
Expert:  JamesI replied 1 year ago.

Dear Ellis,

My name is ***** ***** to hear your having difficulty with your Vac & Steam product.

There are many variances of this product, however I am concerned you are reporting water seeping from the cable entry holes, if your referring to the mains cable please ensure you do not touch it while plugged in as there is a high risk of electric shock.

From what you have described it sounds like the unit has been dropped or banged resulting in the boiler failing, which would give a knocking noise during start up as air is getting into the boiler compartment, you will also see water seeping out as you described.
Depending on the age of the unit, you maybe entitled to a reconditioned unit under warranty, can you please advise of the serial and part number found on a label either to the rear of the unit or behind the water tank.

Expert:  JamesI replied 1 year ago.

Dear Ellis, do you still require support?

If your happy for the case to be closed, I would appreciate if you could rate the service you have received to date.

James