Daniel
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

9kg Maytag washing machine stopped, showing red service sign

Customer Question

9kg Maytag washing machine stopped, showing red service sign plus F02. Pressing reset button displays E5. Please advise.
Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.

F02 error code means water has leaked into base of the washer and has activated the flood switch in there which is causing the F02 error code.

What you need to do is pull the washer out and lean it backwards 45 degrees. This will allow the water to drain out from the base so you will need a towel from there.

Once the water is out the flood switch will reset itself and clear the error code.

But then you need to remove the top and back and find out what caused the water leak. Check the filter is tight and check the hoses and door seal and make sure theres no lose hoses or split hoses in there.

Check the above and see what you find as F02 on this means water has leaked into the base of the washer and has activated the flood switch.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Do you mean 45 degrees forward, otherwise the water will go out the back? I found this advice in the troubleshooting guide. Whilst you have kindly confirmed the reason for F02, I was hoping for a quick fix as I don't feel able and fit enough to do all the physical stuff suggested. We are pensioners and my wife is disabled hence the quick fix. I want to also point out that this question is a one off for me as I do not wish to take out a free subscription followed by a contract. Can you please ensure that this is the case.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Are you still there, Daniel?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry but I just want to finish our conversation.