George-Allsorts
George-Allsorts, Senior Appliance Technicial Manager
Experience:  A whitegoods technician with 30+ years service in Domestic Appliance Service & Repair, and General Mechanical & Electrical Repair
19471162

I have a haier hw60-1201b-u and it is filling up weather

I have a haier hw60-1201b-u and it is filling up weather water but it is not spinning
Expert:  George-Allsorts replied 10 months ago.

If you put the appliance onto the drain cycle, let it empty, then try to spin it, does it spin?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
No it does not

How old is the appliance?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
The appliance is about 4 yrs old I think, the fault has been intermittent since I moved house it will work one day and then not the next leave it a day and it works again

Is there normally water in the tub at the point that it wont spin?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
it fills with water and drains and continues to fill and drain but not spin the display goes off for a second and then comes back on

Sounds like motor or motor brushes, but follow this sequence for me and let me know the result:

Press the "Delay" and " intense” button at the same time, then switch on the appliance, "tESt" and the model No will be displayed in turn.
Press “start” button, the machine will start a self test program.
At first, the model of the machine will be displayed, then the machine will run a test.. Watch for error codes... Let me know what errors come up.
The machine will display END when finished

Experience: A whitegoods technician with 30+ years service in Domestic Appliance Service & Repair, and General Mechanical & Electrical Repair
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
The power is off I am pressing delay and intense and then pressing the power button to turn on but I am getting no different display than normal
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I have tried pressing delay and intense and then turning it on and I have also tried holding delay and intense and then turning it on and the display is still staying the same, it turns on at spin/drain and the display reads 0:12.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Do you have any advice on how to proceed

Just tried to call you

Hi Adam,

Use the number I just gave tyou to text me when you are back at home and I can run through the issue with you..

regards

As requested .. called on###-##-####*

Call ended

Just to confirm.. Take the motor off and check the length, condition, and cleanliness of the brushes..

If the problem doesn't lie there; get the insulation tester and multimeter from work and contact me tomorrow.

regards