Kelly
Kelly, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Technician with over 30 years of experience.
11418111

My grill element has broken as I removed the actual element

Customer Question

My grill element has broken as I removed the actual element one of the wires has retracted through a hole at the back of the cooker what cn I do
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

Please know that I am not compensated for my time by the site until you rate using the stars at the top of your page. A rating is appreciated once we get to the solution for your appliance issue, thanks!

You can try to fish the wire out with a hook or forceps but usually the insulation makes this extremely difficult. If you pull the appliance out you can remove the rear access panel to get to the wire and get it back into place.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
We have a Belling range is it possible to access through the rear, would it be safe to use the cooker with the wire loose at the back
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

You can't use it with the wire off, no.

May I please have your model number so I am able to provide you with accurate, model specific information?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
can this model be accessed from the back panel
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Please allow me just a few minutes to prepare some information for you, thank you!

Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

There should be an access panel on the back as that is where the convection motor is.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Is this the access for the grill
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Just for the wiring, yes. Usually the wires do not pull through, so you would only need to access the back if they do. It must be your "lucky day." :)

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Okay Thanks, ***** ***** manage to put the wire back through will the cooker be usable as can't get an element until tuesday
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

If you put the old element back in. You don't want that wire shorting to anything.