JamesI
JamesI, Handyman
Experience:  I have repaired and maintained numerous items over the years, from fridges to freezers, radios to TV's.
75967336

My dishwasher is a Bosch and I set it this evening to a

My dishwasher is a Bosch and I set it this evening to a short cold rinse. An hour and a half later it was still running but had started an endless wash programme by itself! I stopped it, emptied the water out by hand and then checked the cover to the pump bit. Found a lump of food debris and then reset it. Again the programme didn't seem right. I had set a short wash and it did seem to do it, the light came on to say it was drying but the washing was still happening. Once again I have turned it off.any ideas?
Expert:  JamesI replied 1 year ago.

Hi Jenny,

It could be as simple as the waste hose being blocked, and it not emptying.

My suggestion would be to check the pipe isnt blocked, as you may find something got past the filter and blocked the hose, unfortunately this is best done by pulling it out and either putting something to rod through the pipe to check its clear or running it and watching water go into a bucket. You may need to use some drain de-blocker if you find a blockage.

If thats not the cause, it could be the control board has failed but it seem very unlikely.