George-Allsorts
George-Allsorts, Senior Appliance Technicial Manager
Experience:  A whitegoods technician with 30+ years service in Domestic Appliance Service & Repair, and General Mechanical & Electrical Repair
19471162

I have an AEG washing machine model ref L75480WD which has

Hi I have an AEG washing machine model ref L75480WD which has error code EF0, I have tried pressing the start and delay button and turning the rotary switch to spin then comes up with error EF3 have turned off and on again . Can hear a pump type noise (whuring) until I turn off main supply
Problem occurred when the door was opened part way through cycle water everywhere - was working fine beforehand
Expert:  George-Allsorts replied 1 year ago.

Hello Kevin, my name is George,

Can you open the door of the appliance and let me know the product code from the label therein..

Both EF0 & EF3 ate Water Control System errors.. But I want to see what system you have

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Type FL/064HM2. Product nr###-##-####00

Thanks for that Kevin...

On that system (Series 7/8) EF0 Water leakage refers to the fact of the intervention of the Aqua Control System

EF3 then refers to one of the following three.. Water leaks onto base frame; Aqua control system faulty; Drain pump winding interruption/overheating.

Tilt the appliance backwards to expel any water ingress into the base.. Check the filter for foreign objects blocking the impeller of the pump from rotating.

Please take the time to rate my assistance using the stars provided at the top of the page, as it is the only way I get credited for responding to you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Looks like it reset itself thankyou for your helpWill try on a cycle now

You are very welcome Kevin..

Please remember to rate my assistance.. and if there are any further queries regarding this, or if it happens again, feel free to then return to me for further advice

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi unfortunately now got another error E10

E10 is a Water Inlet problem.. Is the tap switched off?

Hi Kevin, I notice you have not rated the assistance I gave you.. This is the only way I get credited both for responding to you, and for the time that I spent diagnosing your issues.
Please reciprocate the assistance I gave you, by taking the time to rate my assistance using the stars provided at the top of the page.