JamesI
JamesI, Handyman
Experience:  I have repaired and maintained numerous items over the years, from fridges to freezers, radios to TV's.
75967336

A friend switched on my dualit percolator without realising

A friend switched on my dualit percolator without realising that it was empty. It was like this for about 10 minutes before anyone noticed and switched it off. Now it does not percolate. The water gets hot but it doesn't get through the coffee. Is there anything that I can do to "mend" it?
Expert:  JamesI replied 1 year ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will try and help your with this problem today.

The fact its still getting hot is a good sign, often the heating element is first to go.

In most cases the issues are due to a blockage, have you removed all the serviceable parts and given them a clean in hot soapy water? If it was run on empty you often find you get a build up of lime scale and coffee which blokes the tubes.

Secondly does it still make all the correct noises when you press for it to start?

In order to take this further could you also provide the specific model of Dualit, as this may help me guide you into further options to get it back running again.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks. I washed. Everything in soapy water, then left a Steradent tablet in warm water in the percolator overnight - only thing to hand to act as a descaler! Washed it all out this morning and tried it with coffee in it - it works again.
Expert:  JamesI replied 1 year ago.

Excellent, glad its working again.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Expert:  JamesI replied 1 year ago.

I would appreciate if you could please rate the service you have received this week so I can close this case.

James